Labradoodle Forums banner

Weekend and another haircut

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  gene 
#1 ·
Dexter had such a good weekend - we went up to Newport RI and Dex stayed with my friend. He must have run a ton because he is still more tired than usual. My friend doesn't have a fence and kept Dex on a tie out for the first day but then let him off and he didn't move at all from the backyard (I was afraid to try it myself). He also played with the little children in the neighborhood and was very well behaved :) He did try to climb in the bathtub w/my friend which totally cracked me up! I am not so sure he wanted to come home w/us :roll:

Dexter's hair has grown SO much in only 2 months - and he seems really hot in this warmer weather. I made him another appointment for next Wed to get a good short haircut. I will definitely not be so concerned with going too short this time.

FYI - for anyone getting their doodle a summer cut -we cut him down to 1/2 inch on his body (in mid March) and he's grown back to about 2 inches now.

#7 ·
wow...DEX is so cute, WHITE and CLEAN...and so cudddly looking too :D

#9 ·
My gosh look at his long legs!!

He looks very handsome with his cut - IMO it's not too short at all. Even a little shorter he'd still be a looker.

And yeah, he does look pretty wiped out in that last photo.... :) But as David Letterman would say: "It's a GOOD kind of tired." :D :D :D

#11 ·
:) thanks for the nice complements :) Sorry Jac - he has been fixed. We joked prior to doing it that he would have made such cute babies - oh well.

I think we'll go at least as short as the top photo next week - down to 1/2 an inch or lower. I can't believe how fast his hair grew back in!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.