Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since many of you have websites for your Doodle businesses, I was wondering if any have a bit of advice as to where is the best place to go for this. I've built my own personal and hobby sites in the past, but not a business one, and not one I'd be updating and continuing to update like this would be.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Tink, the webmaster of this site, Mark, helped me with mine. You might contact him and see what he can do for you :)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I lucked out and ran into a friend who has a web building business and is willing to help me for a reduced rate. Can't ask for better than that!

So I've just bought my domain name and hosting, and plan to have a site up in the next couple weeks. Considering the pups aren't due for almost 3 weeks yet, we should have plenty of time to get things together and for me to learn how to manipulate things the way I want them.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:
My site's 3/4 done, just some tweaking to do and a few last minute decisions to make.

I ended up buying my domain name at midphase and hosting at GoDaddy since my web master advised it's best to have 2 different sources to prevent problems down the road.

On her advice I will also have a blog on my site to use for updates. I will be able to posts things about the dogs, pups, and whatever there to keep a detailed record for myself and prospective buyers to refer to.

I'm struggling to relearn how to do a site, so Susies help has been invaluable to me. It's also great to have her to fall back on if I encounter problems later.

So anyway, I'm soon going to have a site up and this is the route I took to accomplish it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts