Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and met Linda and Bella :) I have to go through our ton of photos and post some. Dex and Kirby both needed baths and then I had to do a good cleaning of the bathroom and now we're all pooped!

The romp went well...Kirby had a small squirmish with another doodle over a toy, but we stopped them before it got too far. We wound up leaving around 2:30 because the boys were obviously overly tired and starting to act cranky :shock:

There was a camera guy from a local paper who took a bunch of photos of Kirby in the pond so hopefully he'll get his photo printed :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Loved the pictures Leslie. Dex and Kirby's expressions are priceless. You and your husband must always be smiling.

·
Registered
146 Posts
gene said:
Be still my heart!! What great pictures!! What a great place for a romp!!
I agree...what a fabulous place for a doodle romp. You're so lucky! Great pictures....so fun to look at.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I realized most of my photos are of Bella's behind :shock: haha...I did get a few of her coming back out of the lake :) I'm mad at myself for forgetting to get one of Linda and Bella :(

G

·
Bwahahahaha! We had a great time! I got to meet Leslie and kegdawg! I felt like I had known Leslie forever! I brought my husband and my youngest son . He is the blondie (in photo 6, I think). He had a ball, he wants to be a vet when he grows up, so he told me, "This is heaven!. Leslie, there is a front photo of Bella in number 12...and there is one of me and Bella in number 24! You took great shots!
Vanessa, Bella is definitely the apple bottom girl! :lol: Her haircut is Thursday but I'm not sure she will look skinnier this time! I took some pictures of the wooly brown doodle to show she wasn't the biggest (fluffiest) in the park!
Bella did not like when we would pet or talk to the other dogs. She would come running and bark at the dog til he moved away...then she would look at us all proud, like "I'll protect you from those dogs!." :roll: So I had to be covert in loving up all the gorgeous doodles! I guess this is a problem, maybe if I take her to the dog park more often, she will outgrow it?
What a blast. Bella was zonked and did not drool or pant the whole way home. Pictures to come later.

G

·
I forgot to post the best story! Bella met her sister!!!
Nancy is the Mommy to Samantha and Willie.
She posts on the Zoo.
As soon as they arrived, I was struck by how much
Samantha looked like Bella. I kept saying to my husband,if Bella was trimmed I would not be able to tell them apart!
As I talked to Nancy I was a little slow to put the
puzzle pieces together :lol: . I asked how old Samantha was,
(just turned 2), I asked if her tail was docked like Bella's (it was).
Her tail looks longer because Nancy keeps the hair long on it.
I'm going to tell the groomer not to touch her tail!
Then Nancy says, her birthday is St. Patricks Day. I start to say,
"So is Bella!" when a lightbulb goes on in my head
(haha, would have loved to have a picture of that face!)
We discuss adoption day at the rescue, Nancy got there
before me and was carrying Samantha around! We then picked up
Bella, the other curly doodle puppy.
It was soo fun to watch them together. Samantha is more petite :oops:
but when Bella is clipped Thursday the resemblance will be amazing.
Pictures to come!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:) I forgot about you meeting Bella's sister!! Dexter's brother and half brother were there...his full brother (from a later litter) is so like him it's scary. I didn't get a good photo of them (there is one where you see Dex's back)...plus they were all wet...haha

1 - 20 of 32 Posts