Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over our MINIATURE F1b's I think I forgot to share our good news about 10 Standard F1b babies! sheesh. :roll: Reminds me of when we had our 3rd child and she was barely noticed, lol. :wink:

Anyway, I am so proud of our sweet dependable Sheba, and her 10 rainbow-colored litter! She has taken her place as Queen of the Kitchen, while Copper's babies are in the family room. Today I took a good picture of her, and her babies - and it reminds me of the difference in those newborn shots where the poor mom has just been through labor, vs. actually getting sleep.
So here's Sheba and her 10 babies, which are black, brown and cream:

thanks for admiring them with me!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Megan said:
Sheba looks like a Poodle to me.Is she?

So you breed her with a Lab and get Labradoodles?
hi Megan, it's not a silly question! Sheba's on the unusual side, in that yes, she's a Standard Poodle. And yes, I breed her to F1 Labradoodles for F1b puppies. Most breeers breed or keep back F1 females and breed them to Poodle studs, but that's not how we started out.

Sheba's getting up in years, but she is not bred very often, because she's a family pet who's going to live with us forever and looks really great for an experienced mom. I believe dogs are like people, and some can tolerate more births than others, but Sheba's one who's doing great, yet I want to spread out her babies.

I certainly could breed Sheba with a Poodle for AKC full blooded poodles but WHY?! I love Labradoodles more!

thanks for your great questions,
~M

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I agree Maureen. 4 of my dogs are registered purebreds... 2 Labs and 2 Poodles so I could do the same but I like you prefer doodles. I had someone last fall want to breed his AKC lab to one of mine, but around here there are so many lab breeders that I don't think there's room for even one more.

Sheba's pretty! I love how poodles hold themselves so proud. Good luck with your babies.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Congrats Maureen........wow what a great range of colors too!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
What a wonderful litter of puppies - looks like there's something for every taste! And yes, Sheba does look regal. Chouette holds herself in a similar way but it's not quite so pronounced. And boy, do those photos bring back memories of last year when I was excitedly awaiting the chance to pick out my own little doodle!

Leslie

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
River Rat said:
And boy, do those photos bring back memories of last year when I was excitedly awaiting the chance to pick out my own little doodle!
Oh yes!! It's been quite a year with you and your Chou, hasn't it? It goes so fast!

Sheba's getting up in age.....she's not ready to retire yet, but I know she will someday and it makes these puppies even more precious.

We have several deposits in to reserve these babies already!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Maureen,

Just saw this post and oh, man, what gorgeous puppies.....great variety of colors....and Mom looks very pleased!! How wonderful to have 2 litters
doing well....do you ever get to sleep? Do you nap when they do?

Please post more puppy pics of each litter, ok?
You know how we are sooooo addicted to them!

Congratulations!
8)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, Maureen, Sheba always has such lovely pups! You are so lucky to have a rainbow of colors! These are and will be gorgeous pups, for sure!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Doggie Heaven in your kitchen...and throughout your house!
Awwww, that puppy breath! (I love the sounds too, especially when they nurse and you know that the milk has started flowing...toooo cute!)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts