Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a great present from Dad's friend Lori at work! Kept us occupied for 2 hours!! Yummy!!! Dad says it's too yucky to do for more than a treat.....but it was good while it lasted!! :lol:

Jonah, Miko and Rumor......urrrrrrp!! :oops:

I was afraid there were be food aggression issues with this high quality treat, but they were all really good. At the end when I took Rumor and Miko out to go potty, Jonah (MOOSE) gathered all three up in a pile and growled at the other 2 when they came close. I then took them all away and to the freezer they went to save for another day! All three are sleeping soundly now,,,,think I may join them! :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha...how cute. What kind of treat is that?

I love how Miko is in her crate with hers :) she probably knows one of the boys would try to steal hers if she were out of the crate.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HEY it's sunday, day of rest , go take that nap!!!

and i'd say those are 3 Very HAPPY content doodles!!!
what kind of bones are those?

in our house it's Peanut who somehow always ends up with all 3 bones.
then Max and Beau cry for theirs back hahhaaaaaa

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Yummy stuff for the gang! What a nice friend you have, gene..... :)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They were beef soup bones with all the goodies attached....straight from the butcher. They're still licking their chops! :wink:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
:shock: OMG you give your dogs RAW bones :shock: Don't you know RAW meat causes dogs to turn aggressive :lol: :lol: :lol: Isn't it fun watching them enjoy their food so much :wink:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Looks like Miko and the boys had a great weekend!! Looked like good messy fun to me!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yummy! What lucky pups!! :D

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Our local meat market sells knuckle bones for dogs. BOY are those a treat!
It looks like your pooches really enjoyed their treat Gene.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Rosie wants one, too! What a great present.

KingstonTodd said:
wannadoodle said:
He is allergic to meat
How does that work? what do you feed him?
I was interested, too. Here is what I found in a google search.

Some dogs can become allergic to certain meats though the reason behind it is unknown. They seem to simply wake up one day and have an intolerance to the food and it can cause an allergic reaction. Meats such as beef and pork are common ones which some dogs have a problem with.

These allergies tend to give the same reactions as other allergies in dogs. So once your dog has eaten meat, keep an eye on them to see if they suffer with any symptoms. Constant scratching is one of the most common symptoms and it will generally happen not too long after they have come in contact with the meat. Nasal discharge can also occur, as can wheezing and coughing. As mentioned there are no particular reasons why dogs suddenly become allergic to things but if you do notice it happening in your dog take them to a vet and seek their advice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts