Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just to let you know that I had my bitch scanned & she's definitely expecting puppies :D (which is what I had already guessed as she's lost her trim figure).
All seams well, so the bleeding that happened a few weeks ago was nothing to worry about in the end! (see post 'I'm new to this site a couple of questions')
Only four more weeks left until we meet our first ever litter of labradoodle puppies, very exciting stuff!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Congratulations, Sarah!
It is an exciting time for you...and a rollercoaster ride...fasten your seatbelt! :wink:
Please keep us posted, can't wait to see the puppies!
Here's my wish for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy and whelping!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jac.
How are your litter doing? Good I should hope! :mrgreen:

Well, we only have 2 1/2 weeks left now until the puppies arrive (& counting)
My poor girl (SP) is huge & looks like a barrel on sticks, :shock: bless her!
Somehow I don't think the scan (which said four pups) is correct!

·
Registered
197 Posts
possibly not Sarah! Jacs had 10 puppies and they never all showed up on her xray!
tm

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Molly, that's what I'm saying... I think the scan is wrong & that there will definitely be more than 4 puppies :wink:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
As long as they are healthy and Mama is okay that's all that matters other than that in the breeding world you just have to take what you get.

I'd guess there are at least5 to 10 of us that I have read stories from that will agree with me. I think Jac said it well fasten your seatbelt because it is a rollercoaster ride once they are born. Good Luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gracielou, I totally agree that a healthy mum & pups is all that matters!

We have had litters before, although a small breed (border terrier). The scans were never accurate!

Of course I will keep you posted :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

A BARREL ON STICKS! Love it!!
Sarah, I have a standard poodle mom as well, and that's a GREAT description! Then, when she laid down I likened her to having a big water-balloon in her belly, cuz of how it flattens and spreads out when she's resting. :D

Actually we just delivered 11 puppies yesterday...f1b's!
And I hope your babies are as beautiful as our new additions.
(I'll post pictures later)

What color(s) are the soon-to-be mom and dad? :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Maureen, lovely babies- Congratulations! :mrgreen:

My future litter:
Mum is a beautiful cream SP & dad is an english chocolate lab.
I expect the puppies to be mainly cream & silver & maybe a few chocolates. (the silver being very strong in the bitch's line, I think it's unlikely that she would ever produce solid black!) Sorry listen to me waffle on :roll: I'll shut up now!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One week left :D I can't wait, I just hope all goes well & that my girl has an easy time of whelping!

I have now shortend her daily walks as shes getting tired, our other dog is discusted at this :lol:

I'll keep you all posted :wink:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
OMG, how are things going Sarah? Please let us know, I'm dying here :wink: Have you been taking her temperature? Everyone here can tell you that I am a temperature freak and swear by it. Please let us know if she is delivering yet? I hope everything goes smoothly and you have a beautiful litter of doodles before nighttime, wouldn't that be great for your first litter, daytime puppies :mrgreen:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hiya dixiedi, it's now 10:00 in the morning over here and she has just delivered her 9th puppy! :mrgreen: She had he first at 5:15am & I have been up with her since 3:00am.
All pups are black at present, but will be true silvers (as they have white hair between their pads). We have three boys and six girls! My mum is over the moon as she was hoping for a silver bitch!
Anyway I'm going back to tend to her, I'm not sure if she has finished or not yet. I'll catch you later :wink:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Congrats Sarah :D :D Sounds like everything is going great, can't wait to see pictures :) Get some rest and post when you can.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Congratz! i cant wait to see pics! has there been anymore since the last post? how exciting!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you!
We now have two more (both boys). I can't believe we have 11 puppies :shock:
I'll be back again later x

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah she stopped at eleven (thank goodness!), I was starting to think she would never stop... poor girl!

Anyway the pups are going to be silver (and a few have a brownish tinge to their coats). I have chosen my little girl already, she's about the only one who doesn't squeak when I pick her up, Oooh but I love em all!!! :mrgreen:

I will also post some photos, but could someone please tell me how I do that??? :oops:

Thank you, Sarah x

1 - 20 of 22 Posts