Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tanner's poops are mushy as of 2 weeks ago. He doesn't go often..2 or 3 per day. What are ways to get him to eat pumpkin...plain pumpkin won't work, he no longer will eat pumpkin popsicles....someone one mentioned mixing it with baby food? Does anyone remember this or better yet have you tried it. He also won't touch pineapple.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hmmm...I don't know about the pumpkin, but could you put some peanut butter on the pineapple? Did you try adding some rice to his food? We've been on and off lately with non-solid poops here so we've gone through a ton of rice.

I was shocked to learn our 2 love pineapple...Kirby wasn't too sure about it at first...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Well, what is wrong with Tanner?? I thought all dogs liked pumpkin! Mixing it with baby food sounds like a good strategy. I'm sure a little bit of ground veal would make it all the more appealing. :D If not that, maybe a little cottage cheese?

Deb

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon Slippery Elm Bark Powder (natural digestive aid) to two tablespoons of Pumpkin weekly. She seems to like it that way better than plain. You could also sprinkle some Parmesan over it...mtd

G

·
When Maya was having problems my vet said if she won't eat pumpkin to use fibercon...just sprinkle on the food. Maya loves pumpkin...(in fact I think the lil stinker gets into stuff sometimes just to get some) so I never tried the fibercon.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Katie had posted this recipee and Denver just loves them
He will no longer eat pumpkin plain or frozen either but these
he devours

Pre-heat oven to 350.

Ingredients:
3.5 cups of oats
1.5 cups of pumpkin
1/4 cup of applesause (plain)
1 tsp. of vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients. Roll into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Lightly press each ball with a fork. Bake 15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.

It's really easy and it'll include your pup on Thursday while we are all indulging!

* These do not spread out like most cookies you make, so feel free to place them right next to each other when baking.

·
Registered
313 Posts
blueteal said:
Katie had posted this recipee and Denver just loves them
He will no longer eat pumpkin plain or frozen either but these
he devours

Pre-heat oven to 350.

Ingredients:
3.5 cups of oats
1.5 cups of pumpkin
1/4 cup of applesause (plain)
1 tsp. of vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients. Roll into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Lightly press each ball with a fork. Bake 15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.

It's really easy and it'll include your pup on Thursday while we are all indulging!

* These do not spread out like most cookies you make, so feel free to place them right next to each other when baking.

__that sounds tasty...has anyone tried them?_______________

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The recipe looks like a good one. I think I'll make some for Charlie just for snacks. I'm going to add in some ground flaxseed. I like to add omega-3s to his diet.

Deb

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Made the pumpkin, oatmeal, applesauce cookies for Tanner. He really likes them. How many do you give per day?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts