Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - I do some painting and thought I'd share my latest project, not one I will likely do again, it was a tough one

Gladiolas done in watercolor

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
WOW, thank you for sharing that, your work is beautiful.........show more please!!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Lynn ! :)

If you'd like to see some of my other work you can click on my "picture trail" link below my name, I have several albums with different types of paintings

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
You do great work! I'm a little jealous. I do some cross stitching (not too much now with 2 doods) and my mom and dad made hand made wood ornaments instead of Christmas cards since 1977. Since my dad passed in 2003, I've been doing them. This was last years....

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
gene that is awesome!! Show some of your cross stitch too, please??

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
OMG Mary, they're wonderful! I can't bring the photo here for some reason, but the scratch art lighthouse is one of my favorites...and the stepping stone, and the ornaments, and the......and the.... :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
gene said:
I'll make a separate post....here I went...hijacking again....my bad! :oops:
gene....you're reforming!! Baaaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Mary! Beautiful work!!! I dabble in art, or I used to...so I really do appreciate the talent you have!
I have never seen "scratch art" before, but I think I like that medium very much...I assume that you paint on a thick brush stroke and scratch off the detail? One of my favorite pieces of yours...there are many...is the little bird on the snowman's carrot nose! Too cute! We used to have those birds in our yard in Santa Rosa...you painted it almost like a photograph...nice work!
Beautiful!
Gene, what and adorable Christmas ornament.
When my father was alive we had a craft business, Mom, Dad, my sister, my brother and me! We enjoyed it so much. Going to the craft fairs and working our "art" together...when Dad passes, we just sort of stopped. I am so happy that you continue with your family tradition...you honor your father.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Oh my goodness! I hate this discussion! All the beautiful work makes me so envious and reminds me that I have projects stacking up. Mary got me interested in painting stepping stones so I brought four pieces of natural slate from the lake home with me. AND I discovered hooked chair pads and I decided I must have some for our new dining set--problem is at a min of $20 per, I made up my mind to hook my own! Sheesh, what am I thinking???

Oh and by the way, Gene, your cute ornament--is that Kings for Sacramento Kings?? :wink: :wink: And shouldn't it be a Lion instead of a deer?? :wink: :D

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you so much everyone :)

Gene I love that ornie, so precious - I bet everyone who received one was thrilled

Scratch art is done on a clayboard that has been sprayed with many layers of india ink - you used a scratching tool, scratch the design (time consuming) then use watercolor or acrylics thinned to add color.

Diane i look forward to seeing your chair pads when done

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Mary that is sooooooo beautiful!!!you are a talented artist and i appreciate you sharing with us. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts