Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our doodle LOVES his cool bed!

I bought one online and our dog loved it. It is a slick material, it does not get the pet wet at all. It is like those "chillows" that was sold on TV for humans to put into their pillow cases at night. It is filled with some sort of foam chambers. You can put your hand on it and feel the coolness. We keep ours under the bed and slide it out at night (or else he would not get off of it.) We even bought another one to put into his crate for days he doesn't go to work with me. If you have a Tuesday Morning Store near you, we were able to find them there a WHOLE lot cheaper than the aprox 80.00 we paid online.

They are pretty heavy (the big ones) and very sturdy material. Our dog has not even attempted to chew on it. He just flops down on it and it almost sounds like he is saying..aaahhh! My mom is having hot flashes and swears she is going to get one to put on her bed at home. LOL

Leann

·
Registered
8 Posts
They make covers too--

Forgot to add that they make a sheet to cover it, and also a sheet with attached bolster that is machine washable. The cool mat stays clean if you wipe it down with a wet towel or doggie safe soap/cleaner. I wipe mine down with diluted vinegar (since my son has such severe chemical sensitivities)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Interesting concept! Evidently not for the heavy chewers.

Since we are are conditioned in the summer, I don't think I'd try it. Charlie is just going to get a close shave.

Deb

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
If your dog isn't a chewer, I think this bed sounds lovely!
I have a few dogs that get very hot and they look for cool places to lie down...I bought one of the cool beds that you soak in water and it was horrible! It got all mouldy and stinky...but as long as the water is inside, I see no reason that this bed would have the same trouble (you might even be able to add a few drops of bleach if it doesn't harm the materials.)
Now, we just put a few inches of water in a kiddie pool outside and the "hot" dogs enjoy that. :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
with our doodle i just hose them down during the summer
other times i bring them in the pool or creek.

they also love laying on the laminate and tile floors under ceiling fans put on high
sometimes the doodles on really hot nights get a floor fan of their own hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Leann- thanks for all the info on your bed! :D Is this the one you were talking about? http://www.chillow.com/ccc.html
I think Boo might like it! (By the way, are you new to the forum? Welcome! Would love to see more photos of Sterling the Wonderdoodle!)

Jac- thanks for warning me about that bed you tried. I've seen that in a bunch of catalogs, but now I'll know to avoid it! :lol:

As for you bed-drinking/chewing doodles :? (aka- Jonah, Kirby, Dexter, and Charlie)...I give you a Cesar Millan "Tzzzt!!" :wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, we are new.

The bed we have is the Cool Bed III (www.khmfg.com)and I got the cover for it from Amazon. (It was just cheaper there.) We got the one with the bolster, just because it was cutest. :D

We are new and hopefully will be here for a long time. I will post more about Sterling soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We posted on the introduction page

Sterling introduced himself on the intro page. He also has pictures there with his boy.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Toby unzip d the rubber fill d pad i had put out for him..it was nt a pretty sight to wake up to..i can only imagine the mess with one filled with
water..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts