Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do about water if you crate your dog for a longer period of time? Initially we didnt leave any water when Hershey was a puppy so she would have any accidents and it was never for very long anyway. Now that she can hold her pee all day I dont want to leave her without water for that long. We try to leave a little bowl but she always tips it out to play with it. We leave large 1/2 cup ice cubes that she can lick/ chew on for hours as a water source. She is never very thirsty coming out of the crate after 3-4 hours.

Do any of you use water bottles like for rodents that stick a tube into the crate?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi,

I purchased a hanger and bowl that attaches securely to the crate for Dante. It works great and that is where we always keep his water so as his beard dribbles most of it ends up on the floor of the crate instead of my wood floor. A couple of times he got so excited when we came in the door that he actually sat in his water but other than that he hasn't tipped it. I don't think Dante really drinks much when he is crated but I like that he has the option.

Heather

·
Registered
113 Posts
We only crate Cody when we're away for 4-5 hours or less - longer then that and we pen him in the kitchen. When he is crated, we leave him with a bowl that attaches to his crate filled half way with ice chips and then filled to the top with water. He rarely goes through it all. The first few times he tipped the bowl all over his crate, but that rarely happens any more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts