Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Coco's water bowl has never been a problem until Abby moved in.
They now share the same bowl of water, that is they share what isn't all over the kitchen floor!!

Anyone found a bowl that won't skid and slop water over the sides as it slides around the floor, being pushed and nudged and stepped in by an overly eager 9 week old?? Before I buy a ceramic or just a heavier one with a rubber nonskid bottom on it.....I thought I'd see if someone had a great one I may not have seen....
Thanks!
Must go clean up the sloshing mess ......I do it two- three times daily!!
:lol: 8)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
jane do you have PETSMART??? cause i now have 3 doodles drinking out of same bowl

and mine is a BIG PLASTIC one in an egg shaped/triangular
made by stilette (turn over on bottom) cost $15 but well worth it

the 1st water bowl deep enough to hold enough water that doesn't go splashing and tipping...OH i also put a plastic placemat under it BUT NOW i don't need it with this water bowl

BUT they beardingly drip water into the dining room which i mop quickly

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
we have ABs water bowl in a raised frame in a corner and she doesnt move it around - her food however she will take out of her bowl and play hockey with :shock:

We had the BIG HEAVY ceramic bowls with Heidipooh and Mollyann (our lab pups) - put the bowls in a kitty litter tray, that way if water got spilled it was contained - it also made it more difficult for Heidi to lay in her water bowl which was a favorite passtime of hers as a puppy :roll:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will go tomrrow and look at it!
This little plastic deal I have has a rubber thing
on the bottom....but it still manages to scoot and
slosh over the sides.....Your place mat must not have moved, either!?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Putting it in a litter box is a great idea!!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's cool!

also at petsmart.....guess I will for sure make a trip over there!

thanks,

8)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Jane since i got this type of water bowl a month ago, i no longer need a placemat!
the bottom of the water bowl has tiny rubber feet thingy's
and Max canNOT pick this one up or roll it across the floor :D
(finally_)

the BLUE ONE

Leslie i always wondered about yours but with 3 doodles i had to find another option hahaaa

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Jane, do you think your doodles would use water bottles? Tyke's breeder uses them for all her dogs, the puppies and the grown ups. It keeps them from playing in the water and making a mess all over the floor. (Tyke loves ANY kind of water, and we even have to put the covers down on the toilets - I am afraid she would dive in headfirst!) We have continued to use one with Tyke, and she seems to prefer it to a bowl. She even has a little one for her crate in the car, so when we travel she can get a drink whenever she wants.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you mean like the hamsters use in their cages?? If so, I have thought about that before....just for the crate. I don't know if they would use them, or not. I have never tried.
It is a thought, however....thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts