Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody's baby now adult look like mine? The blonde has an aura of soft fuzz over the top of his coat that looks like static but it's not.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a F1 pup that has that same spiky/static looking hair. Anyone have pics of what their pups coat looks like now?

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have a pup that is 12 weeks old just like the yellow one of ThunderRumble. The hair is almost EXACT! He is shedding like crazy and I'm wondering if it's his puppy coat leaving already or if he's just going to be a heavy shedder..... the Furminator brush we bought brought out all kinds of fuzz but he still has long, semi-wavy hair that is coming in quickly. Any thoughts or experience from someone with an F1 straight coat/now adult would be helpful!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Straight coat Labradoodles will in general shed much more than wavy or curly-haired Labradoodles. This is on the grounds that straight coats contain much less Poodle hereditary qualities which cause the dog to have a flat coat that sheds. If you get a flat coat Labradoodle, be sure to prepare for a dog that sheds at least a little bit. However, a straight coat Labradoodle will shed less than the Labrador Retriever.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Straight coat Labradoodles will in general shed much more than wavy or curly-haired Labradoodles. This is on the grounds that straight coats contain much less Poodle hereditary qualities which cause the dog to have a flat coat that sheds. If you get a flat coat Labradoodle, be sure to prepare for a dog that sheds at least a little bit. However, a straight coat Labradoodle will shed less than the Labrador Retriever.
Yup, you're exactly right. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have a pup that is 12 weeks old just like the yellow one of ThunderRumble. The hair is almost EXACT! He is shedding like crazy and I'm wondering if it's his puppy coat leaving already or if he's just going to be a heavy shedder..... the Furminator brush we bought brought out all kinds of fuzz but he still has long, semi-wavy hair that is coming in quickly. Any thoughts or experience from someone with an F1 straight coat/now adult would be helpful!
The dog's picture on the right side looks sick. Is he okay?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts