Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Marley started his second puppy training class last Thursday. Everything went well except one little mishap, which I actually found amusing. At each class there is a play session, where all (8 total) puppies are unleashed for a supervised play session. Earlier in the class I noticed a poodle owner who had her purse lying on the floor, open, with an open bag of treats (hot dog pieces I believe it was.) Marley, normally a very social dog ignored the pack mentality that began as soon as they were let go. He had spent the day at daycare and he had socialized enough. He chose instead to check out the new place that has a whole batch of new and interesting scents. He proceeded to roam around checking each scent out. As he roamed around, he must have caught whiff of Scarlet's (the poodle) hot dogs. Well Marley's young four paws move faster than my 51 year old legs and within seconds, Marley had a nice big bag of treats and he was headed south. It was a tussle but we were able to separate the bag from Marley's salivating mouth. We chose not to scold him. I told my wife that if anything we should be speaking to the woman who left an open bag of treats unattended with a room full of puppies all in the neighborhood of 5 months. Hello?? Is there anybody home???

I was a good laugh and now everybody knows who Marley is. I think if that doodle could eat 24 hours a day he would. He can never have enough when it comes to food. Next class I am sure Marley will be looking to sit next to the poodle. But I am hoping the owner has learned a thing or two, and treats will not be left unattended and open. If not the Doodle Bandit may strike again!!

[/img]

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
i got such a good laugh at your story. Marley is SO cute!! it makes it more difficult to say he's done anything wrong. haha...I can just picture the dash he must have made...hot dogs are such good treats!

·
Registered
670 Posts
What a cutie pie!! :)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Not a jury in the world would convict him! Mr. Cute Face!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Marley you are soooo darn cute - good job on sniffing out the treats !

I bet Marley goes for that ladies purse next class - they do remember where the free food is :lol:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Fred has appointed himself the official purse/bag/suitcase checker in our house. He considers it his job to rid the house of all pens, food and anything chewable a guest dares to leave within nose height. He agrees that Marley was only doing what any normal doodle should do.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Marley was framed!
There outta be a law!!
Your honor, the woman was flagrantly, intentionally and openly taunted Marley. This was the most bungled sting operation around. This dog is INNOCENT, innocent, I tell ya!
Look at this face, your honor!
I rest my case.

(I love the way you told the story! Good job!!)

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Psst....hey Marley!!!! You are one smart Doodle, BUT you were outsmarted!!! :shock: You have to wait next time when everyone's attention is on the other pups, then lay on your belly near the purse like 'commando dog', 8)
do a big stretch and yawn, and nonchalantly put your paw on the bag, snatch it and run like hell!!!! :D Bwahahahahaha.....can ya eat and run at the same time???

Your pal,
Raleigh! :D

G

·
Great job Marley!!! Try this next time it worked for me at my first puppy class. First you turn your back from the group and sit really nice. When everyone is talking and saying what a good boy you are lay down still facing away from everyone. Soon they will think you are tired and being non social and not pay any attention to you. When that happens silently turn around and "army crawl" your way t the treats and stick your nose in the bag and chow down!!! My mom said I got an F at my first puupy class cause I wouldn't leave the teacher alone. I don't know what she means by gettng an f but I thought I did great. None of the other dogs were smart or persistant enough to get the good treats from the teacher!!!

PS don't tell your Dad I told you!!

Maya

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH Marley..way to go!!! and with a cute doodle puppy face like yours, don't worry NO one is going to scold you!!! no way hahhahaaa how could anyone say NO to you!!

is there a law for a doodle being too darn cute to resist? hahhaaa

1 - 13 of 13 Posts