Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an almost 2 year old labradoodle. We love her! :D

My husband thinks we'll ruin our luck with a second dog, but will support me if I get another.

Am I crazy? The puppies we're looking at are almost 10 weeks old. I stay at home and homeschool our older kids, so someone is always home with the dog.

Anyone with 2 plus doodles, please help! :shock:

Thanks!

G

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I don't have 2 but would love a 2nd one - had 2 choc lab littermates that we had gotten at 10 wks and they were a joy, I don't have anything negative to say about having 2 dogs

Good luck if you decide to get a 2nd one and be sure to post pics :D

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I ADORE having two doodles - In fact, we're already planning a third for the spring!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I have 3 doodles within a year.......that should speak for itself?
max is 17mos, peanut 12mos, and Beau 5mos

they really have bonded well and I can't say enough how great it is having more than one doodle and it is Easier with 3 .

doodles really love having another playmate/companion.

I say GO FOR IT!! and update us with a pic of your new doodle :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
We started out with two, my husband thought that siblings should be together...and it was great!
Later, after we decided to breed and our girls were only about 6 months old, we added our Poodle stud. He is perfect. After that, we brought in a beautiful Goldendoodle (she arrived the day we had our first litter, talk about hectic!)
Since then, we have kept some of our pups and have bought 2 more Poodles! Yes, we are breeders, but we have no kennel...these guys all live in my home and sleep in our bed!
You know what? It works out just fine...we could not be happier.
But...word of caution, select well. So much depends on your family dynamics and the temperament of your dogs.
Otherwise, it is great fun!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I think given your situation, getting a 2nd would be great! I find sometimes it's easier to have 2 than 1 because they entertain each other :)

There are downsides too - it's harder to find care for 2 than 1 if you are going away...if it rains it's 8 paws to clean instead of 4...food/vet costs more. But I think the pros outweigh the cons :)

My friend has 3-4 older dogs (5 yrs +)...they just got a new puppy. She said the puppy is learning manners from the older dogs and training him has been easier than the others :)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
What can I say......2 was great, three is amazing.....except I visit the pet store more and the vet.....but the love times three...priceless!! :lol:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, yeah, and you pay twice as much in food, toys and supplies...but as Gene says, you get it back in hugs and puppy kisses!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Seriously, depending on your doodle's personality i really feel many doodles need another canine companion.

dogs are in nature pack animals.

I find that Max and Peanut became close bonded buddies almost from day 1. NOW in the begining your older doodle may trade you in for the new doodle hahahhaa but after a few weeks is just as close to you again.

Also it's fun to see them snuggle, play tug of war, do doodle runs and not get in trouble for it as they are meant to do this.
NOW while many will not go for 3, those of us that have 3 dogs say it is so much easier than having 1 or 2.

The COST of toys does not go UP with 2 doodles as they love playing with dead carcasses ahhahaha and share toys most of the time.

SO i should have said good luck in your decision and you'll have twice the love and laughter and stories to share

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would love to post a picture of "Dixie", but I am afraid I have no clue! :oops:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
:D
Thanks

Gabrielle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts