Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that walk their doodles in the rain, do you:
1) Just use an umbrella for you and the doodle?
2) Have a doggie rain coat for the doodle and a human one for you?
3) No rain protection for the doodle?

With all the rain we are getting around here lately, I was just wondering if I need to invest in a rain coat for our new pup. But wanted to check with the folks here. Maybe the rain water will roll right off him, like a duck?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Dexter loves the rain (I think he prefers to be wet)...haha...so nothing here. Kirby isn't the biggest fan of being wet, but he does fine walking in the rain too. So just a rain jacket for the humans - nothing for the doodles.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would wear a rain coat and Rosie wouldn't wear anything. She didn't mind at all. I would have to stand outside the front door and ask her to shake first. She would always wait until we got inside. Silly dog.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
We had a raincoat for our Springer. Bogart seems to shake and dry quickly with a towel....amazing!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I have a jacket and a umbrella. I had thought about getting Cacao a rain jacket but she loves the rain.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I wear a hooded jacket and usually get soaked as much as my doodles hahhaaaaaaa

·
Registered
92 Posts
Davy loooooves the rain, puddles, mud, etc.. so no rain gear for him, but I have actually been thinking of getting him some puppy booties for rainy days, because he tracks so much mud into the house!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Just came back from walking in a downpour
Denver loved it, I did not ,we were both drenched
so shower for us both. He is now doing Doodle 500
upstairs scaring the begeezes out of all the cats................
But it is their choice to stay up there and watch him...........
Sounds like elephants up there............................
bahahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
if it's raining, AB and I dont walk - she can exercise all she wants in the rain in her huge fenced backyard. Rain does not bother her, she will come in get dried off and run back outside if I dont block her doggie door :shock:
We got caught in rain a few weeks ago when walking and didn't phase her a bit.
If I walked her rain or shine, she would have a raincoat

·
Registered
659 Posts
We never walk in the rain... we just throw Ozzie out the back door. He loves getting wet! Our backyard (and front yard and entire neighborhood) is all gravel, stone and concrete-- NO MUD!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
*sharon* said:
I would wear a rain coat and Rosie wouldn't wear anything. She didn't mind at all. I would have to stand outside the front door and ask her to shake first. She would always wait until we got inside. Silly dog.
Ditto, x2 dogs. they love the rain, and as a consequence i kinda do to. its peacefull walking with the rythmic rain coming down.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Jofi goes o'naturale :) - I on the other hand, gear up with wellies, rain trouwsers and a waterproof mac - depending on the temperature. It rains a fair bit here (not as much as it did growing up in England!). In the mornings I often wear water-proofs even in good weather as the dogs get wet feet from the dew on the grass and some are just too tempted to jump up with their muddy feet to say hello.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts