Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had Abbey with us for about six weeks. She'll be 4 months old next Friday. What changes we've seen. Our late lab was unable to take walks for the last couple of years. We live in a great walking and dog loving town. So we love taking Abbey for walks. We've really missed walking our dog. We've met more people walking Abbey. She attracts a lot of attention. She is so pretty and friendly that we've even had people stop their cars to ask about her. People love to learn about doodles. And lots of people know someone with a wonderful doodle.

It took Abbey a few days to get used to the leash. She went through a period where she would sit rather than walk. Someone on this group told me to reward her on the walks when she had all four feet on the ground and now she is always looking up at me for a treat. She loves her walks and looks so cute prancing with her tail high in the air.

We must have been stopped by a dozen people on our walk to town today. We also learned that a non-profit group is trying to add a dog walking park to our town. Very good news. We have a park by our house where dogs gather off lease, but it is not a legal dog park.

Abbey has brought joy to our lives. And I just want to thank all the folks here for their kind thoughts and help. You're a great group of doodle owners.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
What a great story! Abbey sounds really neat!
I'm looking forward to this with my new little one too. We live in a walking community and it will be such fun! We have another month and a few days to go as he's just almost 10 weeks old.
Thanks for the tips on walking and sharing!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Abbey is very very pretty - it's no wonder everyone stops to ask about her. Abbey, Bogey and Bailey all sound like they are doing a good job fixing our broken hearts. I know without Bailey this would have been a long winter for me after losing my golden in the summer. What day is Abbey's birthday? She sounds like she is close to Bailey in age. Bailey was born August 18th?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts