Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:

Yesterday we went to a car show that had over 1,000 classic cars on display. Matey was the perfect puppy, sitting when people asked to pet him and friendly with all the other dogs he met including an especially cute Goldendoodle named Cissy. We were having a wonderful day! When we arrived home I put my car in the garage and got out to get Matey, (I lift him out for I do not want him to jump out yet for he is only 13 weeks old and don't want him to hurt himself). When I held him and closed the door I closed it on his toe! :oops: I thought I would be sick :oops: The poor thing cried for only a minute and then gave me kisses as I held him. He limped a bit last night around the house. No walks or playtime. This morning he still had a limp so I took him in to the vet and they had to sedate him and xray his foot and his toe is broken! I feel so awlful! The vet just called and said that he will have to wear a splint until his next appointment in 2 weeks. He will miss puppy school tonight (he has been the smartest most calm puppy in class too!) and stay inside except for potty breaks so the splint stays on. He has to wear a plastic booty to keep it dry when he needs to go outside. I will post pics of the poor thing in his splint :cry: And yes, I believe I do get the award for the bad doodle mom of the month :oops:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I know how you feel......here's what I did to Jonah a few months back. I had a bolt sticking out of the porch from the old railing that came down when the new fence went up.....3 staples in the webbing of the paw!!

Things happen....don't feel bad. Matey has already forgiven you and he will be fine! :wink:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Oh Annie...YOU ARE NOT...and I repeat NOT! a bad mommy!!!!!
It was an unfortunate accident! I'm sure Matey forgave you immediately after it happened.....a great cliche' to remember is that 'time heals all wounds', and Matey will heal too, and he'll be just as good as new! Just keep showering him with lots of hugs and kisses! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Dear Matey,

I heard you had a boo boo. I will think good doggy thoughts that you get better soon. Tell your Mommy that the FoodLady knocked out three puppy teeth with a frisbee and she know exactly how she feels
I thought I would be sick
But my big girl teeth came in great, and I still like frisbees and FoodGuy decided FoodLady was allowed to keep taking care of me :wink:

Get Well Soon!

Woofs and Licks,
Ebbe

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hope you're feeling better soon Matey.

Mommy will surely give ya lots of lovin and treats with that guilt thing you got going on.
See if you can get some of that great table food our parents are always eating.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trust me- the time is NOW-GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexi

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, I'm a brand new member here..I've been a Goldendoodle mom for 2 years and just adopted a beautiful 9 month old Labradoodle who was being rehomed. He's wonderful! I'll post some more on him soon. Anyway..my kitchen floor is the same color as my Goldendoodle and I didn't see his tail when I was vacuuming and his tail wound up inside the vacuum cleaner!! Luckily he's a calm dog and I was able to gently pull it out of there!! Even though he went through all that, he still doesn't budge when he sees the vacuum coming..I'm just much more careful! But, I'm sorry about your little guys toe..I hope he feels better soon. That's the great thing about dogs..even though it was an accident and you feel horrible, your dog loves you unconditionally no matter what! Your a great mom because you care!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ahhh Try not to feel so guilty
Accidents are going to happen
and you gave comfort and went to the vet
and were forgiven by your puppy so try to
forgive yourself :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh, Annie! You poor girl! I know how bad you must feel, but don't be so hard on yourself. Accidents happen and your Matey loves you no matter what! Feel better Matey!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH Annie accidents happen honey. and matey already gave you tons of kisses

NOW foodlady and Snugglebugs sorry but hahahhhaaa you got me laughing with your stories! hahhhahaaaa

the only thing i did once was step on max's head in the dark. well i tripped over him and tried not to hurt him and poor thing cried for 10 minutes but was fine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts