Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever have a weird dream that just sort of stays with you????
I had this strange dream last night and if it means anything to
anyone it sure will make me feel better, as it kept me awake.

I dreamt of a dog barking and he keeps running to an outlet in the wall
of his house that has a plug in it and in the dream the outlet has sparks
coming out of it. In and around this area where the plug is , there is a fireman's hat that
has pictures of dalmations on it and a red firetruck toy.
If any of this describes anything remotely like what any of you have in your home please take a good look at any plugs in the area.
And for any of you who analyize dreams please do

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
SUE, i've been known to call my family at times when i've had a bad dream about them.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Ya got me thinking here! I sure hate dreams like that!!
The fireman's hat and dalmation is really something...........and the red toy firetruck! Extremely symbolic!

G

·
Aww Sue, you sound distressed so I looked up the meanings of your dream for you:

The sparks represent a new idea or a fresh beginning; something starting out small may generate something greater...don't underestimate the small things in life; something old is passing and something new is entering your life; your thoughts and views are changing it could be the start of a new love (a second doggie perhaps?)

The dalmation means you are a people pleaser who tends to overlook your own feelings and tend to the needs of others.

The toy fire truck means you tend to worry and stress out in situations beyond your control; stop trying to fix things; use more discretion.

The fire hat means you feel responsible for fixing something.

Hope this makes you feel better!

G

·
And I forgot the dog barking:

Dogs in dreams are usually a good thing, here is what I found:

Perhaps you have been wishing for some open and obvious support and loyalty from someone close.

OR

If it barked fiercely, you are being warned of possible legal troubles, so don't fiddle your taxes or park your car too close to a hydrant.

OR

If the dog is barking ferociously, then it represents your habit of making demands on people and controlling situations around you. It could also mean unfriendly companions.

OR

A barking dog may signify protection, danger or a feeling of vulnerability
Coming across as being fiercer than you really are, having a bark that is worse than your bite
Looking in the wrong place, making a poor assessment, investing in something that is unlikely to produce required results, barking up the wrong tree

What do you think? :lol:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I too believe in the power of dreams. Not mine necessaily, mine are much too crazy. You got a good take on your dream from Linda. How did you feel during the dream? I have also heard that a bad dream is not necessarily pending doom bt rather, you mind working out--venting--frustrations of the day. Symbolism may be triggered from a tv show or anything else that may have gotten, even subcontensiously, stuck in your head.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Diane
You asked how I felt during the dream and the answer is
I felt I had to tell dog people right away so they could check their homes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts