Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night/early this morning, Sam pooped in his crate again. This is the second time in about a month. I let him outside but later noticed that he is having doodle squirts again. He seems to be getting them rather frequently. I'm not feeding him anything out of the ordinary so I'm not sure why.

Later, I noticed that he'd vomitted what looks like bile. While the diarrhea has been off and on for the past few days, the vomitting is new.

He's still bright and spritely, running around craving attention so part of me thinks he's alright but there's another part of me that thinks that he wouldn't just experience vomitting and diarrhea if there wasn't something wrong. Should I be taking him to the vet? Sam is 5.5 months old. Is this just a "normal" everyday oopsies?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hmmm...if he vomits again I would at least call the vet tomorrow to see what they say. Dogs can vomit bile if their stomach is empty (not sure if there are other causes). The combo of diarrhea and vomiting would concern me...can you take his temperature to see if he has a fever? If you go to the vet tomorrow, definitely take a poop sample.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Okay, at Bogie's last class last night they talked about health issues that they believe require immediate vet attention.
This is one of them when they vomit AND have diarrhea together.
Let us know........hope he's okay!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
oooh...I missed his age when i read your post -I would definitely get him to the vet as soon as possible. You may want to call an emergency vet since it is likely after hours for your normal vet to see what they say.

·
Registered
593 Posts
No new diet changes...
Hmmm...
Is this a frequent occurance? Dogs can get IBS right???

Best bet = See the vet!!!
Just to be safe and make sure your Sam is alright!!!

Let us know how it goes, we're all thinking of your poor doodle!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Off to the vet we went. Things are moving a little quickly down there but nothing that suggests an obstruction. In the meantime, Sam's food will be cut back for a few days and he's on a course of antibiotics. Nothing too serious this time. Thanks everyone for your advice.

G

·
If the diarreha doesn't stop today you can add pumpkin to his food if hewill eat it. Or just give him a cup of rice at meal time for a few days. those two things help Maya all the time.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Glad you went to the vet as it's better to be safe than sorry and puppies can dehydrate very quickly.

pumpkin soothes intestines and can aid in helping to firm up poop

pineapple can have same effect--firming up poop or at least does with our doodles. it's loaded with vitamins and also is considered an antioxidant as well.

keep us posted :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dog had vomiting and diarrhea and we brought him to the vet. On a course of antibiotics for his persistent guardia and on probiotic and canned food for 2 days. 3rd day threw up, fed him bland diet for one day then started his food science diet then 2 days later threw up. Going for xray tomorrow. Could it be the food? He is 7 months old. Are labradoodles known for sensitive stomachs?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts