Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we took both doodles to the vet today. My poor husband - he got to the vet and was surrounded by a ton of people saying "awh they're so cute" and in the process Kirby was up on his back legs with excitement and Dex was jumping on everyone. Then apparently there was an issue getting them inside. Kirby is SO excited by everything (I think he led a pretty sheltered first year). He spent most of the time we were waiting up on his back legs.

Both got clean bills of health. Kirby is scheduled for the big snip snip next Thurs.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Glad to hear Dexter is ok Kristen, and Kirby got a clean bill of health!!!
Should be fun next week! Kirby will be the next 'cone-head' around here! :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahhahhahaa reminds me of when i've had to bring Max and peanut for a dual vet visit alone.

Leslie ...GREAT to hear Kirby got a good bill of health! :D :D

OH tell your hubby we want PICS next time :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH tell your hubby we want PICS next time
haha...are you kidding? Lucky for him he was only alone w/both for a short time - I met them there and took Dex so he could work on settling down Kirby. The vet said Kirby needs to put on some weight. He weighed 46 lbs and Dex actually lost a bit and is down to 64 (from 67). I think the last week of extra play and excitement prob cause Dex's weight loss.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
When I took Jonah and Miko together....Miko waited in the car...she hates the vet anyway. Then when it was her turn, Jonah gets in his harness in the car...instant submission!! :shock: Just looks at me with those doe eyes saying...."I'll be good, really I will, just give me a chance!"....yeah, right! :roll:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Unfortunately, I only have two arms and photos were not possible! I parked in a far off spot, so, I could get both doodles out. However, by the time I got Dexter out, I had cars on both sides of me and Kirby started to get excited. With leashed attached, Kirby is on his hind legs pulling because the car next to me had a small dog. He gets EXTREMELY excited when he sees other dogs, which doesn't bode well heading into a vets office filled to the brim!

We get to the sidewalk and Kirby is pulling one way (sees another dog), a call pulls up and asks "are they both standards", meanwhile Dex is molesting a Petsmart employee who was on her cigarette break. They were both on 8' leashes and at this point I'm trying to shorten Kirby's to a 2' leash for control.

Once in the office, all the people pretty much scattered. Holding Kirby at bay while Dex jumped on anyone that would have him. Getting they weighed was not easy. Things calmed down a lot once Leslie showed up.

I took them both for a walk earlier in the day and it went well (small amount of tangled doodles) until Kirby saw a husky. He goes crazy when he sees another dog. Dex was the same way in the beginning. Once we started going to the dog park, he calmed down on walks when we saw other dogs. He seems to understand that there is a place where he's allowed to play with other dogs. Kirby, with time, will learn that.

Both doodles were wiped last night. :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
From now on I think you should wear a "Jerry-Cam". You know ... a helmet with a camera attached to the top. Turn it on whenever your dynamic duo is in full doodle frenzy!

I'm sure the folks who saw the two of them together didn't help. I can almost hear the "ooooh's and aaaah's"! And their excitement only added to Dexter and Kirby's.

Bet those two doodles weren't the only ones who conked out last night!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Jerry as much as I feel for you..i am having a giggle! I doNOT know how you and GEne do it...I REFUSE to take 2 dogs out with me EXCEPT for the vets. And another reason i did the 1/2hour lay down with max and peanut.....i make them do it at the vets AFTER they go BONKERS for 5minutes making me look like a incompetent pet mom hahahhaaa

NOW about taking pics...why not put Leslie's camera around your neck like Foodlady stated, how hard can that be? :wink: :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
annieG said:
Now remind me again...why do I need another doodle? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Cause you're too sane still! :wink: and you don't laugh nearly enough as you do with TWO!!!! hahhahaaa

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Right now we have the best of both worlds...

Tanner is one of 4 doodles at his daycare...2 good ones and 2 wild ones. He gets to play with them and I think of like having grandkids ..... you get to have fun with them but give them back to the parents at the end of the day :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi everyone!
I think there is NOTHING more exciting than a double doodle outing! My two doods easily outweigh me and they are CRAZY at the vet's, but gosh! I've made so many great friends! They attract so much positive attention even my teenage son wants to take them to the dog park as he has learned the dogs are major chick magnets!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Rookies

I took 6 cats and Denver to the vet once.
Think that is easy cause their cats?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My vet now comes to my house and gives everyone their checkups.

Bahahhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts