Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only hope I'm blowing this out of proportion! :x
Bogart had bloodwork done On May 5th when he had the poisoning. No one has discussed this bloodwork with us and he's suppose to be neutered tomorrow. I had this faxed to me just today from the ER vet.
I can't seem to get an answer as to why either the ER or the vet we were seeing....to whom they faxed all this to.........never told us all this.
I'm concerned not only for what could be going on, but if he can even have the surgery now. The vet we were seeing said it was the responsibility of the ER vet to discuss this with us. Well..............what the ?? If our vet saw stuff going on.....why not call? Or didn't they even look?
Okay........
Here are the HIGHS
-BUN
-cholesterol :roll: (in an 8 month old....7 months at the time?)
-A/G ratio...whatever that is
-Neutrophils..???
LOWS
-Protein
-Globulin
-Magnesium

I hope these things aren't a problem and I'm freaking for nothing.......but I can't help but think things are going on that needed/need some attention!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I don't know what any of that means. I hope you get some explanation and peace of mind soon. Hugs to you and Bogie!

G

·
Linda I think you will be ok. How high was the BUN and cholesterol? Netrophils I wouldn't worry about just yet. Those are white blood cells and if he had an infection those should be high.

I would make sure your vet does a CBC panel (complete blood count) and Chemistry panel tomorrow before you do the surgery to make sure everything is normal before you go ahead with the surgery.

Remember he was a sick lil guy so it wouldn't be too uncommon to find things out of whack. However I would re-test today or tomorrow and make sure things are back to normal before he gets any kind of anestesia. That's just me though.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yikes! I don't know what any of that means, but I hope you are able to get it all sorted out!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heather,
I think you're absolutely right!
I'm waiting for a call from the new vet who is doing the neutering tomorrow, but the ER vet called me.
He said all that was because he was in crisis.
We really should repeat the CBC panel tomorrow and see if anything was damaged like his kidneys or something.
However, the attitude of the vet we were seeing at the time was very bad today. They just want to pass the buck. I still feel they should've called and not just left it to the ER vet.......in fact, the ER vet was surprised at their attitude as well.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Ditto to what Heather said (I'm not a doctor, but have experience reviewing lab results from my job). Maybe the vet wants to talk to the ER vet to have a better understanding of what happened to Bogie?

P.S. A/G is the ratio of albumin:globulin which are 2 plasma proteins.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I agree repeat the Blood work with your new Vet! I am quite certain the numbers you got were abnormal due to the circumstances. I have those tests every 6 months to make sure Raw feeding is giving Abby the nutrition she needs. Good Luck with the procedure Bogie. Linda I'll send you a valium :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Linda i with all the others...have the preblood work done prior to surgery
that way you and the vet know bogie's health and hopefully you can also relax a bit now.

hang in there Linda ! :D

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Ditto i would do what everyone else has said. More bloodwork just to make sure. I love it all goes well.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you one and ALL!
I'm calmed down now after talking to 3 vets..............it took THREE vets to bring me around.
Tomorrow, the vet that's doing the surgery will most likely do another bloodwork.
But all seem to agree that what those results were are because of the condition he's in. They're going to be hesitant to give him post op anti inflammatory meds because it's only slightly over a month since his "accident"...and his stomach may not do well.

Linda I'll send you a valium
Okay!! have some to spare?? :lol:

hang in there Linda !
Who ME?? :shock: :lol:

So tomorrow is the BIG DAY!! :?

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks samantha.........You guys are going to have to put up with me through this.... :lol:
Annmarie..I'm not going to tell anyone what a BASKET CASE I am, right??

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Linda dont' worry , YOUR secret is safe with me. I won't tell a soul 8)

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Best wishes today Bogie! You'll sail thru with flying colors, I'm sure!!! Take advantage of all the pampering you'll receive form your Mommy! Maybe you'll even get a new toy!!! :wink: Keep us posted! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts