Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am calling my vet 1st thing morning

Peanut i at first thought wanted more attention than usual as we had just brought her out, HOWEVER she is urinating very frequently
and also had 2 accidents mildly in the house
SHE is FULLY housetrained.......and there is no blood

is there anything i can do for her till she gets to vet tomorrow?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh gosh...sounds awful. I've had those before and they are VERY painful (too much information everyone???).

There's an OTC medication for humans that eliminates the pain (only to used to keep you from losing your mind until you see the doctor). I have no idea if it would be safe for a dog. Antibiotics are the only way to kick a UTI once it takes hold.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but WATER, lots of water is the answer. If you really think it's a UTI, you might consider an emergency clinic. If it's as painful for dogs as humans, then she must be miserable. You'll want to bring in a sample of her urine whether you go to an emergency clinic or decide to wait until tomorrow.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
How about cranberry juice? It's recommended for humans but I can't imagine that it would be bad for dogs.

Yeah, Lori, I wonder if there is a Uristat for dogs. It is incredibly uncomfortable.

Deb

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
you can get cranberry tablets not sure if walmart carrys em, but do research to see if its ok for dogs
i would help more but have my hands full rite now

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
:cry: :cry: ((((Poor Peanut!))) :cry: :cry:
Give her hugs and licks from Tyke and me. I think the cranberries would be ok - Tyke's puppy food has cranberries and blueberries in it.

Feel better Peanut!!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK quite a few dog sites promote and sell cranberry extract with C in it
i went to walmart and got it.

funny thing she acts fine not like she's in pain
and OH thought i'd bring a PIE PAN out to catch her pee for vet's
ha! right! she;s scared poopless of it! hahahaa

now i wish she'd pee on floor...and i could use a syringe then hahaa

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The vet will want the pee in a sterile container so don't worry about doing it yourself. They may have to use a catheter at the office.

I'm glad she doesn't seem in distress. And glad you found the cranberry extract. I'm sure it won't hurt.

Deb

·
Registered
51 Posts
Paulie has UTI too..

I mentioned to my vet about Paulie peeing in his crate and she suggested it may be a UTI and that it's not that uncommon. Sure enough, he tested positive. (I was thrilled that he had his accident on the floor so I could get a sample with a syringe.. but I didn't tell Paulie that!)
So he just had his first dose of meds this evening. It's Clavimox that he needs to take for 2 weeks, and his urine needs to be checked again in 10 days.
He is acting happy and fine and is eating ok, I don't think these guys are so sensitive to UTI discomfort as we are.
Hope Peanut gets better soon!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Aw.....poor peanut!! I just had one too..... :oops: Drank tons of cranberry juice. But, wow! What do you do for dogs?? Man...that hurts!!
Hope the vet gets her better fast.....poor baby!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone!!!! and if you could see Peanut with a special moist pak wrapped around her belly hahhaaa and if i keep rubbing her chest she leaves it there WHILE Max is sulking hahhaaa he''s jealous perhaps :wink:

and JUDY...hope your doodle recovers quickly
and Linda, hope you're totally over it!! they do hurt!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I don't log on for a while and look what you guys are up to...poor Peanut. I won't add anything further, I think you have been given good advice already. We'll all be waiting to hear how Peanut is tomorrow.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well at 6:30am the pie pan trick works....while dave walked her here i am zigzagging behind her half asleep and trying to "catch it" and I DID!!!
hahhaa never thought seeing that yellow stuff could make me do a HappY Dance at 6:30am hahahahaaa
all refrigerated and waiting to go to VETs

ps i made sure it on opposite side of apple juice in fridge hahahaa :wink:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Wow, that's some feat at that hour in the morning! Good luck at the vet. Anxious to hear how she is. Cali and I send best wishes.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
well at 6:30am the pie pan trick works....while dave walked her here i am zigzagging behind her half asleep and trying to "catch it" and I DID!!!
hahhaa never thought seeing that yellow stuff could make me do a HappY Dance at 6:30am hahahahaaa
all refrigerated and waiting to go to VETs

ps i made sure it on opposite side of apple juice in fridge hahahaa
OMG you almost made me spit my coffee out...hehe...

I hope Peanut feels better!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I absolutely love reading here. My own concerns about Wesley--watching everything he does--and the crazy things I do to take care of him seem sort of normal! I love picturing you running around with a pie pan!

Hugs to you both, and a speedy recovery for Peanut! I do hope it isn't as painful for her as it is for we humans!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Glad you were able to catch the pee and hope the visit at the vet gets Peanut feeling better soon! PS - did the cranberry work?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts