Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Shannon, I see yet another doodle is in trouble.

Mark could you add an area on this site for these kinds of post I think they would get more people looking if it had it's own title for people like Shannon who works hard trying to save these dogs. I'm not sure what to name it but I do think it would help at least I hope it would. :(

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Linda. You know, I just cannot see how these poor guys are ending up in kill shelters, and to top it off, we don't know anyone in OK with a doodle!! LOL I know a lot of people look, but not many respond. I just want to get the word out. I know he was found as a stray and the ACO says he is extremely sweet, but the doodle is in a very small facility, so his chances are very slim. Rescues and rehomes might be a good name.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Great idea Linda!
Shannon, thanks so much for being so diligent in posting these notices. I think that the reason many look and not respond is because many of the shelters will not release a dog unless the person is in the area. That really narrows the possibility of finding homes, for sure.
I wish that they would allow shipping, I think that every doodle posted would find a good home then!
But, you know, if you only save one dog (and I KNOW you have saved many) then you have been an angel on earth...and, that you are!
Thanks so much.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, well that is good to know! I think that I read one time that they would only allow local adoption (on one site) and probably assumed that they were all like that. I am glad to be wrong! 8)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of them will only allow close adoptions, but we have had some go from Canada to MN to get a doodle.. It was nice to see. I thank you so much for your kind words. We try to save as many as we can, and having contacts with good shelters really helps. We just had a doodle in OH pulled from a kill shelter into a rescue. Jo had 3 dogs transported from one part of TX to another to save them the day they were supposed to go down. I just love the feeling of saving these beautiful pets!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts