Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor Toby. Okay, he hasn't been anywhere different. He hasn't eaten anything different. Last night he had a frantic bout of diarrhea... the poor baby woke me up howling to go outside...he didn't want to have an accident. Diarrhea twice through the night and again this morning. Now what???

·
Registered
158 Posts
Taka a sample of the stool into the vet and have him run a fecal sample first, then proceed with treatment. It could be so many things like worms, giardia, coccidia... All are treatable, but quick intervention makes for happier puppy and you.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi,
Both of the above suggestions are excellent ones.
Once you rule out parasites or physical causes, your vet may tell you to use something to ease the problem...I have found pumpkin to work very well, also a small amount of Peptobismol. (On advice of my vet.)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ohh poor baby... diarrhea in the middle of the night is NO FUN! That's how Summer was- she would have semi-firm stool for about 2 weeks, and then all of a sudden she would have a terrible bout of explosive diarrhea. She would do the same thing- whine like crazy in the middle of the night because she had to go! Then we would try another med to see if it would work, and it never got better. We also tried canned pumpkin (not pie mix, just the pumpkin) because everyone says it firms the stool right up, and it didn't work for her. Her stool also had mucous in it. Mucous means something is going on in the large intestine. I would definately get a giardia test just to be sure (if this keeps up). We tried a million meds and lots of different kinds of food... I've come to the conclusion that she has a wheat sensitivity because she's on wheat-free food and no wheat treats. No more diarrhea. We started her on Eagle Pack holistic chicken and rice in the morning, and that night she had her first firm poop in months! Definately worth a trip/call to the vet... good luck, keep us posted!

Bridget and Summer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.