Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He had all these red spots on his tummy and one of his eyes was very deep red. I took him to the vet today, they took some blood. They just called - he has a platelet disorder. We have to start him on some strong medication tonight. Hopefully his platelet count will build up again or his immune system will shut down. He has not even had his last shots yet, he has only been in our house and backyard. I feel so bad. And there is sure to be an issue with the pet store where we purchased him from. It appears that this disorder is inherited quite a bit.

My poor little Buddy.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
How awful!!!! We have a 3-1/2 month old LD also I can't even imagine what I would do!! We lost our chocolate lab, KC, in January to a fungual infection. It is not common around here. KC was just 3 months short of turning 5. We will keep Buddy and your family in our prayers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear about poor Buddy. You must be so sad and confused. My Sage is about the same age (16 wks) and it would be heart-breaking to get that kind of news. What has the vet told you about how effective the meds are? Hang in there--my thoughts are with you :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for the nice comments. We have Buddy on Predisone (shuts down his immune system) and Tagamet (for his stomach), and he is going in for another blood test on Thursday so I will know shortly after then. He is not in any pain but he is bleeding internally. We are trying to keep him quiet so his heart won't pump so hard, but you know how that goes with these little guys. Please keep him in your thoughts and hope that the medicine is working.

I got it all backwards before. His little body is producing too many antibodies (maybe from his first vaccines?), I don't really understand it. He still may die, or we may have a tough decision to make if he is going to need super extra care from now on. The side effect of this drug is that he pees all the time, so much for training. He has to go every hour, we're not getting much sleep.

Lisa and Buddy

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just read your post today... sorry to hear about your puppy. I hope he is feeling a bit better by now?? Keep us posted, best wishes....
terri lynn

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hang in there! Hope he gets better! Keep us posted!
God bless! I will keep him in my prayers.

·
Registered
209 Posts
So sad. I am so sorry. Do you have an update on little Buddy? How is he doing? We are pulling for his recovery.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts