Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, Coal has been fabulous ever since the wall eating incident! I was in a situation that felt like a catch 22 with him. When I would let him roam around unsupervised in the past, he would (almost without fail) poop in my exercise room! So, I was putting him in that xpen in the kitchen if I wasn't able to watch him like a hawk. I wanted him to learn to be free to roam the house but the poop was not something I wanted to deal with. Well, since he ate my wall while in the xpen (my husband said Coal was just bored) , I just decided that it was time that we give him another shot in roaming the house and he has been terrific!! I totally removed the xpen from the kitchen! He hasn't had one accident, there is no ugly xpen taking up half of my kitchen and best of all, my walls have no further damage!! I guess he's a big boy now!! He IS taking stuffed animals from my son's room ALL the time but that would be remedied quickly if my son would remember to close his door :roll: !!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Good news on Coal and good news for your walls!
Chester is a stuffed animal swiper too. He doesn't chew them...he just shoves them along the tile floor and plays hockey with them.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sadie has had the run of the house for months now - when we are home with her- and she is fine. Although like Coal, she will go for a stuffed animal or a shoe if she is bored and looking to stir up some action or initiate one of her favourite games - chase and keepaway - which we refuse to play, but she keeps hoping! I envy those of you with two pets who keep each other busy. Maybe someday . . . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.