Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Montana has bonded with her stuffed baby. She carries it around, lays on it, has partially buried it, and brings it to me to OOOHHH and AAAHHH over when I'm checking on the real puppies. Once I've told her how wonderful it is, she takes it out of my arms and puts it back in her house or the enormous hole shes dug in the yard. The way she handles it, if it were real she'd have likely killed it by now, but she is much more content just having it.

Tonight her milk seems to be lessening and she was calmer than I've seen her since Canada had her pups.

So thanks much for the help and advice on her false pregnancy. She does seem to be "over the hump" with it finally. She is still chewing at her self-imposed hot spot though...so now I'm having to treat it for real! LOL

I plan to get her spayed as soon as she's fully back to normal.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks for the update, I am so happy to hear that she is adopting the stuffed animal! It was like that with Leixe too...it was so strange, Lexie's first litter was a nice and healthy one, but one of the pups died just hours after being born. Lexie would search high and low for that one pup. I felt so sorry for her! But, on her own, she found the growling lyon toy that I told you about and adopted it. I think she believed that it was one of her babies. She had it in the whelping box with the others and would lick it when she cleaned the others. There were times when she would carry it with her outside and drop it in the water dish while she took a drink, so none of the other dogs would get it.
And there were times when she would be out of the whelping box, resting from the other puppies needs, and sleeping with the lyon between her paws, her chin resting on it.
I think I have pictures of the lyon...

Here she is licking it clean

Baby lyon safely tucked away with the other babies

And here is Lexie, sleeping with her chin on the pig rail, protecting her baby lyon.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Okay Jac ... It's been a 'verge of tears' day anyway for me. Thank you for pushing me over the edge with those incredibly darling pictures. :? :(

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Wonderful heartwarming pictures Jac! Bittersweet yet.......
So glad Lexie ahd her very own babie to love, and Montana seems to be happier too....prayers DO work!!! :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks...I love these pics too...and I just noticed...if you look carefully, in all of the pictures where Lexie has her lyon baby...you will see her REAL black puppies nursing or, in the one where Lexie is licking the lyon, she has a nursing puppy under her arm, you can see the tail... :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Both stories are so heartwarming......and Jac those are the sweetest pictures, thanks for sharing them

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks everyone, especially Tink...didn't mean to hijack the thread...just wanted to let you know that Montana was acting very much like my Lex. I love that about our doods!

Gene, I agree...Lexie and Jonah are so much alike. I wonder if they are related...even your stories of destruction sound very familiar!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts