Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has really been an experience for us. It's amazing how quickly we can adjust to having a second dog in the family and how nicely Lucky has adjusted to being part of the family. He knows the schedule now. He and Charlie hang out by their crates between 9:30 and 10:00 waiting for their liver treats and to be put to bed. I walk them both together and they love playing in the yard.

Lucky has quickly learned or relearned his manners. He sits nicely waiting for a treat. He knows not to grab a cookie out of Charlie's mouth and is no longer aggressive about food or getting out the door first. Thanks to the Gentle Leader harness, he is walking and heeling like a pro.

My kids are coming home for the holidays and having a great time entertaining the doodles. My 19 year old son played frisbee for quite awhile with them this afternoon.

I guess the only down side of this is that Lucky will have to acclimate himself one more time when he finds his forever home. I'm sorry he has to go through this but I know he can do it. He is a sweet, loving boy.

Here's some pics of Lucky and both he and Charlie playing together. The close ups are due to me not being able to figure out the zoom on my new camera!

Deb

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow Lucky looks so much at home with you. and sounds like he's adjusting really well too.

love the pics!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
What an absolute sweetheart! I wish I could take him! :( (But I'd probably have to send my MOTHER to a foster home!!! :roll: )

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blueteal said:
Great pictures..................
Are you considering keeping him?
Thanks for the comments, everyone! He really is a great dog but, no, we're not keeping him. I'm anxious, though, for him to find a home that is perfect for him. :)

We have allergies in the family and we can't keep a shedding dog for any length of time. Plus Lucky and Charlie are just too close in age. I think we'd be better considering a second doodle when Charlie has matured a bit more.

In the meantime, we'd like to continue fostering from time to time. It's very rewarding! And while he have Lucky with us, we're enjoying his company.

So... if you know anyone who would be interested in this sweetie, please let me know or look him up on IDOG. ;)

Deb

·
Registered
659 Posts
Lucky looks a lot like my Ozzie in coloring and and expression, but he has a heavier lab-type tail. A beautiful and "lucky" dog.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have the same allergy problems, otherwise I would be having a decision to make real fast. He is a good looking boy, that is for sure. Good luck in finding him a good home. It's good people like you who keep dogs from going bad, during their adjustment time. Nice job.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ChasP505 said:
Lucky looks a lot like my Ozzie in coloring ind and expression, but he has a heavier lab-type tail. A beautiful and "lucky" dog.
Yes, we often see that same look on his face too. :D I love Lucky's expressive face and eyes. Charlie's eyes often get lost in all that fur!

Deb

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
So glad that things are coming along with Lucky. He sure is lucky to have such a loving foster home. Should make for an easier transition to his forever home!! Thanks for helping out such a great looking pup!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maddjaxx said:
I have the same allergy problems, otherwise I would be having a decision to make real fast. He is a good looking boy, that is for sure. Good luck in finding him a good home. It's good people like you who keep dogs from going bad, during their adjustment time. Nice job.
The shedding is alot less than it was the first few days. I did read that shedding can be anxiety induced. Regardless, I'm glad we don't have so much now. But you really gotta watch out with fleece pants. :lol:

On about day 3, my husband was telling me how stressful it was to have a second dog. Now he comments on how handsome Lucky is and worries about his next home. It sure doesn't take long for these guys to weasel their way into our hearts!

Deb

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Deb, shedding can be stress related as i know when max goes to a vet OMG i'd swear he was all lab hahahahhaa
also when i fostered kirby , Max shed quite a bit the 1st 4 days then ceased afterwards.

and ohhhhhhh don't i know how doodles worm and warm up a person's heart

(((deb))))))) you're doing a great thing, fostering lucky ...thank you as not everyone can do it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts