Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE ON DOOD IN KILL SHELTER KY
Tue Jul 11, 2006 16:08

This morning Michelle sprung Austin from the shelter! She says he is BEAUTIFUL but has obviously had almost no training. He's a very dark brown/almost black, with brown "highlights" He is wavy - most likely an F1. Very sweet, very doodly face and very eager to please, if someone is just willing to show him what he needs to do! He's not too big - Michelle estimates in the 40s weight wise and about 23". He went with her very willingly, sat nicely between her 2 kids (age 7 & 9) in the car, but once at home was a little hyper and wild... probably just so happy to be out of that pound! He was responding to Michelle - he will sit on command, but doesn't seem to have been taught anything else. As Michelle is not able to keep him at her house, we have arranged for him to stay at the local boarding kennel until we can place him.... so, spread the word:
AUSTIN NEEDS A GREAT HOME WHERE THEY'LL GIVE HIM THE TRAINING & LOVE HE DESERVES! contact Shannon or me for more details.
Pics coming soon

Please contact [email protected] or [email protected]

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Link to a post and pics!!!

http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?d ... e%20Zoo%21

Michelle and Wrigley (and Austin!)
FIND ME A HOME!!!!!
Tue Jul 11, 2006 17:15

Hi everyone! I read the zoo pretty often, but this is my first time posting. I have Wrigley, a 1 1/2 year old multi-gen standard.

Austin the labradoodle is safe. He was scheduled to be put down today in the kill shelter. He is now at my local boarding kennel because he's a Houdini that broke out of my outdoor kennel in about 15 minutes! Now we have to find him a forever home.

Here are his stats--he is about 1 year old, medium chocolate labradoodle. He looks like an F1 to me, with a small amount of shedding (just a little in my car and on my shirt when I picked him up.) He is an absolutely doll-baby and very eager to learn. I had him sitting beside me in less than 5 minutes. He is very hyper--of course I would be too if I just broke out of jail! He is very sweet and the noise in my vehicle did not bother him one bit--4 kids and Barney on the DVD player. His coat is more coarse than Wrigley's with a looser curl. The shelter said the family said "he was not what we were expecting." I don't know what they wanted, but he's an awesome dog. He is very smart, just untrained. I would keep him myself, but with his shedding my husband's allergies could not take it. He would be ideal for someone who is experienced with dogs and would take the time to teach him. You can see the intelligence in his eyes. He is not fearful or aggressive at all. He got his leash hung jumping out of my car and stood still for me to extract him. Here are some pictures and please click on my name for more information. He is in western Kentucky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.