Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MEGAN.......it will be soon, there is a health certificate to get from a vet, then all vet records, then a crate, also attaching food water bowls that for a 9.5mos old doodle well we can improvise and trying solutions

and then there's finding the flights that go from Rochester to Anchorage alaska with the least amount of air time /stops aka layover and possible switching of planes at more than one stop.

I had spent hours on the phone as did Liz finding the best possible airlines
then I had to reach the cargo depts to get questions answered
AFTER figuring out voicemail options and getting lets say India's hotline to hell?

anyway, still in the Prep stage here and I will ANNOUNCE the DAY Beau is going to be airborne to his new loving forever home
:D :D :D

PS this has been a "learning" experice for sure :wink: meaning the airlines

·
Registered
349 Posts
GranMarie will find the "best-est" :shock: (it's in MY dictionary) flight for the dood. He'll think he's on a special adventure. She'll also have all the knowledge for future doods going there. Everyone in Alaska will want a "dood" once they see him.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE on Beau's flight to new home

OK everyone the moment has arrived.......i am running out in a few minutes as plans changed and BEAU FLIES tomorrow THURSDAY April 17th
as they dont' do weekend pet cargo flights

I am filled with mixed emotions as so Happy to know an awesome loving family is aching to make Beau their baby....and sad to part with my baby BEAU

Today is busy as i am picking up health & acclimation certificate, all shot records, then a new crate, bowls to customize and attach to inside of crate door, get tape , water bottles and then measure out food in baggies,
getting a new TAG for Beau at Petsmart so he has both addresses on him and then when in Alaska, LIZ can take ours off and has one

I am also mailing some of BEAU's favorite toys that I bought new for him.

So at 11am tomorrow Beau's flight takes off.........and so tomorrow
is D-Day Beau will arriving to his new Loving Forever home with Liz and her family :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Cinsmom said:
Almost like sending your baby off to college, except he won't come home to do laundry.

I have tears just thinking about it. We'll keep you and Beau and Liz in prayer!!
Ditto! Safe flight, Beau! I'm just glad Liz knows what a wonderful pup she is getting, and hope she joins the forum SOON!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Oh WOW! I hadn't realized that things were settled. Beau is going to have a big day tomorrow. I'll be thinking about him.

Deb

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I feel for you Annmarie - I know this is hard for you. I hope Beau has a fast and safe trip. I will be looking for updates tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Ohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

I just saw this post!!

Tears, tears, tears!!!
:cry: :) :( :D :shock: :roll: :cry: :lol:
I know and love Beau by proxy only.....
but, I feel so sad
knowing he is leaving in the morning!!

He will love his new family and
your household will be more peaceful
without the scrapping and fussing
the dogs were doing....
Back to just Max and Peanut and no rivalry!

Annmarie, you have done a great job finding him a new,
loving home in Alaska no less!!!
You've been making hard decisions for weeks now,
all the time keeping everyone's best interest in mind,
being responsible and conscientious !! Thank you !
The world needs more like you, Annmarie!

The Alaskan family will be very happy
and blessed to have Beau!!

Bon Voyage, buddy Beau!!
Coco and I will miss you! (Abby, too!)
Well, hopefully, we will still see you around the forum !!!
8)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK you're not going to believe this and LIZ doesn't even know yet
BUT I AM SITTING HOME WITH BEAU TYPING THIS as
Beau's flight has to be rebooked!!!

seems BEAU's crate is too BIG for the 9am flight as it's a tiny plane that lands in JFK
sooooooooooooooooo I have to contact LIZ in a hour and have her rebook BEAU for a 7am flight Tomorrow Friday

you should have seen me go to the cargo guys: "YOU mean i can stop crying now?!" they were laughing and fell in love with Beau bigtime
they are holding onto all my paperwork to make it easier for me

OH my Breeder TOOK the day OFF and will drive with me at 5am to the airport , dave will get up with me at 4am but has to to work far away tomorrow.
I also have a job interview at 11am.............TOMORROW will be an interesting day for sure

and lastly, i do believe things happen for a reason so i go with the flow rather then question it.
Anyone, have any extra KLEENEX? i'm a rollercoaster here hahaha
crying one minute stopping and laughing the next etc etc etc

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
And here I was thinking the little guy was on his way west! It truly IS a roller coaster for you, isn't it? I'm not one bit surprised the folks at the airport are in love with Beau!
Hang in there girl!!!! :p

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lora...put simply i have a post under Considering a Labradoodle section and the post is Beau Needs a HOME
Max and Beau cannot establish dominancy put in plain english

OK everyone, need some prayers here as NOW Delta can't fly BEAU in the size crate required and so far struck out on all airlines
PROBLEM: size of crate required and if BEAU were on the Plane Already coming from JFK or Toronto they accomodate Beau's crate size
BUT they will NOT allow his crate to be loaded at Buffalo, Syracuse OR Rochester........don't ask!!! please

I just got off phone with LIZ and unless she finds a way to get Beau to Alaska.....then i have to find another home for Beau much closer to me.

I am not making any decisions today as i have cried myself silly for the past 2 weeks and today , I think I am giong to have a GREAT BIG ICE CREAM SUNDAE with hot fudge, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, walnuts and a sugar cone broken up and put in as well later tonight.
YES i have that all here ............besides I need to gain a few lbs hahhaa

now to drive son and daughter around for next 2hours
and play some good music in my truck

·
Registered
560 Posts
I will be watching this post with a large box of kleenex.

Have a safe trip little Beau and let us know when you get there and what it is like....

AnneMarie, keep that huge heart of yours in one piece...I think I speak for everyone when I say all our hearts on the forum will be with you and Beau (and his new family too) over the next few days...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update

Well, it looks like our prayers have been heard :) because I found a way to get Beau up here and it will actually be a lot better for him than the original flight would have been. Annmarie was driving when I called her about it, but she wanted me to post and update everyone about this. To paraphrase, she said, "tell them I'm driving and laughing."

So, he's set to leave Saturday on Northwest Airlines, which has a VIP service for pets and it's a much shorter trip for Beau.

For future reference, for anyone needing to send a dog by air, Northwest seems to be the best way to go, since you don't have to ship them as cargo. So hopefully, all of this trouble we've gone through will benefit someone else who visits this board.

So, send good thoughts to Annmarie and her family, and of course for Beau. We are all really excited to have him join our family! Watch for some pictures on Saturday!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts