Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello EVERYONE...I have found a forever home for BEAU as i've been talking to someone new to this forum considerably
over the past week or so

but since i also was considering other people/options in the meantime none of which would have worked out
ALSO yesterday i met with a family that is giong to be my future inlaws
and anyway, we brought BEAU over but though they're nice etc i could not let them have Beau. I want on the very BEST for BEAU as he is very special and dear to me and my family.

As soon as all details are finalized this week, i'll announce who it is.
This is a family that did tons of research on doodles, has been reading forum topics and also some of my blog articles.

AND OMG rather that talk about all the good things BEAU can do, I had one conversation where i was telling all the "puppyhood crimes" Beau can committ hahahaaa YEAH thought i'd try to scare them a bit and then wait a few more days to let them think it over hahhahahaa
soooooo No info was held back.

Then again i also didn't realize they've a new member of our forum and do read waht we post hahahhahaha and that can say alot for itself!

Additionaly, this family is fencing in their yard, is buying BEAU's favorite toys, wanted to know his schedule for napping, sleeping, eating, playing , etc and now trying to find CANIDAE where they live,
and get a list of "treats' I do feed him along with wanting to know what makes him really happy etc.
OH they LOVE his name BEAU and are keeping it. :D

I am also going to try to videotape a training session and email it to them along with mail the Volhard OB training booklet we have as they want to continue with his training.

This family reminds me so much of LESLIE aka LMTOTH2 and when we talked to me about KIRBY...........though i really am sad about giving up BEAU
I also feel so good inside that he truly is going to a family that is going to love him dearly. They also have 2 boys and BEAU is so good calm around kids and doesn't jump or nip. SHE is also a stay home mom which is great as BEAU is used to me being home all day too. :D

So in a few days I'll say where he'll be and with whom and introduce this new forum member that is still a lurker :wink: ....not being secretive but taking care of flight schedules, records, etc...and seeing when he can be shipped. ALSO i'd like to ask her 1st as she may want to introduce herself once BEAU is in her home.

PLEASE BE happy for BEAU , me and my family as this hasn't been easy , i will always miss him but feel i have truly found a very caring, loving, forever family for him where he can grow old happily with love, patience, training, and a good sense of humor.

and who knows ,maybe like Kirby, we'll see pics and hear stories of Beau too.

PS i am putting up a blog article by the end of the week as i know it's long overdue

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I AM happy for you and BEAU!! This is good news annmarie! I knew you would take the time to research and do the right thing.
Things DO work out!!
((((((((((hugs)))))))))

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Congrats, it must be a very happy and very sad time for you all at once. Its great you found a good home for Beau, but I know you will miss him. Will he be close enough to visit? I hope his new family keep us all posted with pics and stories on this forum.

G

·
Congrats on finding Beau a home kinda. I know it is a very good thing and what is best for him but I also know how sad it is for you that he will be leaving. So that is why I send 1/2 way congrats.

Hopefully his new family will join the forum and then we can still see pics of him.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm so glad to read this update!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PUT it this way, i am sure this wonderful woman will introduce herself as she is a member but hasn't posted yet.

UH, luckily BEAU loves cold weather, snow and kids.......cause he is going to ALASKA :shock: 8) :D
and believe me he'll be played with 24/7 hahhahahahaa and also have one on one time with his new "MOM"

More details to follow as this week i am going thru how to ship, getting myself mentally prepped and watching the weather forecasts and some other details like vet visit etc

·
Registered
670 Posts
This just tops the days events. Sooooo happy for you, the family, and sweet Beau! :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Ah, Ann Marie, this is good news! I know how you have struggled with this...and I am so pleased that you have found a perfect home for Beau. I am certain that the family will be good to him and for him...and, you are right...he is used to cold weather!
Best wishes to you, Beau and the new family!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Annmarie this sounds like a wonderful solution :) I'm happy for you and Beau!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've just gotten back from vacation and read up on your posts about Beau. This must have been so hard for you and my heart aches for what you must be going through. But I know you must have found the best home for him - especially if you are flying him all the way to Alaska. Many people wouldn't bother but I know you would only settle for the best for him. So bittersweet...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Woo Hoo !!!!

Tears when I read it, but actually tears of joy. By your description, you've found the perfect spot !!! Woodn't it be "cool" to VISIT !!!

Beau gets to see Alaska before us ! I'll think about him when I watch "Men in Trees". :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awh...I'm so happy to hear Beau found a good home. I know you will be so sad to see him go too :( I think you absolutely did what's best for your family (and Beau too).

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am so happy to hear Annmarie!!! I am sure it must be a very comforting for you to know Beau will be sop well taken care of and have company of kids and all...

Maria and Emily

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Wow Alaska! I've never been, but it looks beautiful! Beau will have a great new family and lots of snow to play in over the winters.

At the first of this thread I was thinking of a relay so you wouldn't have to put Beau on a plane, but I guess not!!

Best wishes to you and your new family, Beau!

·
Registered
100 Posts
What part of Alaska? I live in Anchorage. Just as Kryczek was getting used to the snow melting, we ended up with another 6 inches on Sunday!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
netsirk.....darn it, i keep forgetting the name of the town BUT she is about 40min from Anchorage.

She is going to say hi to everyone on the forum really soon :D :D
and I'm sure she'll mention the name of the town

Funny, even though Dave and I will be bawling our eyes out when we bring BEAU to the airport in a week or so. The flip side I am soooooo excited that BEAU is going to a very special loving family. And he'll also get to play with kids and her family also has dogs, so Beau also can have dog playmates as well. :D

I ALSO WANT to THANK EVERYONE for being so supportive, caring and helpful along with welcoming towards BEAU's new family. This is one the reasons this forum is great!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts