Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has been so helpful and encouraging that I wanted to update you on our status of adopting "Gunner", a 16 month old cream doodle. He is all set to come live with us permanently on 5/29. (In the mean time I have been visiting his house so he can get to know me). I wanted to pick an adoption date that would allow me to be home for several days before returning to work.) After I get him home and replace my stolen digital camera (long story), I will post picture for you all to see.

You may remember from my earlier post that Gunner runs around outside all day like a maniac. I have been concerned about getting him to settle down and live with us.

I also wanted to share that I took Gunner to the vet on Friday as he needed all his shots/ flea & tick medicines / etc. updated. It was our first trip anywhere just the two of us (none of his current family). I really did not know what to expect in terms of behavior. I put him in the back of the station wagon, and he either sat or layed down for the entire 30 minute drive. NO barking or any destructive behavior. Then at the vets I had him on a normal leash. I really expected him to go insane at the sight of the other animals (which is what he does at home). But he was very well-behaved. He tried to go chat with the other dogs but I just told him he had to sit. We was very good about his blood tests and shots. I was so encouraged by his good behavior.

Tomorrow I take him on another trip, this time to the groomer (he really needs a bath and his nails clipped). He has never been to a groomer before. I'll have to see how tomorrow's adventure goes!

Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement.

Sara

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I am so happy to hear that you will be bringing Gunner home. Sounds like he was just needing someone who could properly care for him! Good for you! Can't wait to hear many great stories and see loads of pictures!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
WOW congrats SARA... i can't wait to see pics soon
and sounds like GUNNER was waiting for someone like you to come along and just love him :D

G

·
Sara I'm glad you are gonna adopt Gunner. It looks like with a little training, patience, and love he will be a great family pet!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yesterday's grooming trip also went very well. He was all Alpha walking from the car into the groomers. Then as soon as he was inside he froze and got all shakey and scared. But I just moved him along calmly and firmly. 90 minutes later I went back to get him. He was soooooo excited to see I had not abandoned him.

I knew he was dirty, but had no idea just how dirty. I picked up a totally different dog - all soft and fluffy. I can't wait until the 29th when he will acutally be all mine!

Will post pics as soon as I am able.

Sara

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Great story unfolding here. The excitement in your posts is apparent. But very soon there will be a uprising if you don't get some pics up!!! :eek: :lol: :lol:

Good luck in your anticipation battle. :lol: :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My digital camera was recently stolen out of my car (along with my husband's cell phone). The most frustrating part is that it was my own fault. I believe I hit the "unlock" button on the remote instead of the "lock" button. sigh.

So, the only photos I have of Gunner are on my cell. I have no idea how to transfer those to the computer, or even if I own the right cable. I have to ask my husband, who has been out of town on business. So, please be patient with me. I promise pics as soon as possible.

Any advice as to what I should do on his first day with me?

Sara

G

·
Play with him, love on him, and just be happy to be together is my advise!!!

Oh and with the cell phone.....you can send the pic to your email address (just type in email address instaed of phone number) and then once it's in your email you can save to your computer and then upload here!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heather -

You are a wealth of information. Thanks for the advice.

I tried your suggestion for the cell phone pictures and it worked. WOW! Thanks so much. I will try to post the picture is a new message.

Also, Maya's picture looks more like Gunner than any other doodle I have seen on this list. It's encouraging to know that some doodles do look more like labs!

Sara

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hmz819 said:
Yeah I like the flatter coated doodles. (not to say the others aren't cute though!)
I see you're playing cya heather :wink: hahahaa
and I can't wait to see PICS

ps...gene has posted an article on how to post pics here and do an avitar
there at the top of the page of this link
http://labradoodle-dogs.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually, I did just use Gene's instructions and posted four pictures on Gunner under a new topic within "considering a labradoodle." I found Gene's instructions by searching the forum for "post photo." I used photobucket and it was easy. My thanks to Gene for providing that information for us all to use!

Sara

1 - 16 of 16 Posts