Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOTE: as of 6/23/08 it was discovered that SAVANNAH has bad epilepsy
and the OWNER does NOT have cancer! in fact Savannah was also boarded at the vets for some time. I am leaving this post up for awhile for all to view this update.......as it is HORRIBLE that anyone would be so deceitful and utilize any means of this nature to rehome a dog while witholding pertinent info that would and does affect ANYONE taking on a situation such as this! But to LIE outright....inexcusable and disgusting!

I also had received an email which i forward to Dea
I am in total shock here and cannot imagine how this has affected Lovin Life aka Dea

Someone called Nancy asking for help in placing a 3 yr old Doodle there are fostering at the moment and that the owner has cancer needing to give up this sweet Goldendoodle. nancy asked for my help and
i was trying to remember who wanted an older dog.

I too emailed this person and asked certain things upfront such as the epilepsy once it was relayed to me via phone call from someone else who refused to take in Savannah

PLEASE i am leaving this post up right now so no one else can be taken in by this and has all info right upfront
!! TO lie about cancer tugging on people's hearts ......totally unacceptable!

3 yr old Female
Fleece coat, white w/apricot markings
spayed, up-to-date on all shots
on flea and heartworm preventative meds
has 2 microchips
housebroken, trained, etc
LIVES in Maryland

addt'l info:
loose in house alone , doesnt' go on furniture,
graduated top in OB class and really smart/sweet
plays well w/other dogs
sleeps on her doggy bed but loves the tiles for coolness
and also MAY have EPILEPSY...checking into this

·
Registered
670 Posts
What a little angel. If anyone can find a forever home for her it's THIS forum!! :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lovin Life i pm'd you back :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
Oh my goodness. What an adorable doodle. How sad for her family and for her. I hope she finds a home soon. Wish I was in the area to help. So sad. :(

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
What a beautiful girl!!!!
How sad for both of them to have to be separated..... :cry:
Hoping she finds a great home.....and that would be so super for her owner to have visits. I know for myself, that would be so comforting.
That did it...now I'm crying.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT

I JUST RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM A REPUTABLE PERSON THAT ALSO IS MEMBER OF THIS FORUM
AND WAS NOTIFIED

SAVANNAH MAY HAVE EPILEPSY....
SO Savannah still needs a home but this information wasn't withheld just not told upfront
it was told upfront to someone who does rescues and thoroughly looked into this.

AND the person is still is interested in Savannah

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dogs are not dixie cups - they're not disposable !!

Epilepsy in dogs can be dealt with. No reason whatsoever to shy away from a gal who has some issues. A great vet is your best friend and we have a great one.

No worries here :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well I gues the moral of the story is : TRUST but VERIFY

so will wait to hear more :D

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Im so thankful this is going so well
and thank you annmarie for you posting this, this entire weekend has been a whirlwind here, and im not done yet,

when i got this call i was in tears, I felt i had to do something to help
They are close enough to me i can take this dog in if need be, but she is just too good to be true,(even if she does have epilepsy) she will make some one a awsome pet and ease the mind of her mom who is obviously getting her life in order, god just put this heavy on my heart,,
and thank you thank you annmarie for joining me in trying to help
hugs
Nancy

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would take her in a second if I had not just paid a deposit. She is so cute and lives in MD to boot. I know my DH would not allow two doodles and a lab. :cry:

I think that I should just mention that my lab has EPILEPSY and he takes one pill in the morning one at night and is fine, and the med are only like $17/mo. Just something to mention should someone be interested but worry about epilepsy.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
OMG!!!!!! I'm going to call that guy in Manhattan I told Nancy and you, annmarie, about.............What a cutie!!
I'll talk to him tomorrow for sure!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Digger3....THANK YOU for sharing that.
LINDA...keep us posted :wink:

THIS FORUM IS AWESOME!
so much caring, sincerity and love in one group.

ALSO the FORUM MEMBER who wants Savannah,
well hopefully today they'll get THE OKEY CALL????
Keeping fingers crossed the owner feels that Savannah has found
her forever home....what's meant to be will be :D
(The suspense is killing me hahahaaaaaaa)

PS I maintain privacy till it's a fact and if all is a go ahead
it will be announced for sure

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
YES this is same person and Now just waiting on OWNER To say yes
I tihnk they will meet with Person and Savannah by this weekend , hopefully sooner

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
MaxandMe said:
YES this is same person and Now just waiting on OWNER To say yes
I tihnk they will meet with Person and Savannah by this weekend , hopefully sooner
Awsome i know she was my first choice, hope it all works out :D

1 - 20 of 83 Posts