Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm submitting some of MY photos from our professional shoot. The shoot was filled with all the calamity and chaos that we expected! :shock: We went from dogs in pools to dogs with the "I don't feel like doing that right now" attitude! (I'm just posting a few pictures--there were many more but so much was happening soooo fast, I couldn't get to a bunch of stuff.) Here goes:
Here is Vicky trying to convince Copper to lay-stay! The photographers would ask silly questions like" can you move him six inches to the left?" Sheesh, for all of us, lay-stay and sit-stay were hugh challenges on their own! :roll:

Here's Jacque with, I think, Bayley or Lexie--I can't really tell.

And here's Jacque with cutie-pie Rosie! :D

The best time for dogs and people was the "after party!" Here are the dogs enjoying a mini-romp!

And the people enjoying a hot dog!

We'll keep our fingers crossed about the calendars--we "earned" a spot! :shock: :shock:

Diane (and Dakota)

G

·
It looks like everyone had a great time!

The dogs look beautiful, the setting looks fabulous, and the owners are wonderful! I bet you fill up most of the calendar! Definitely the summer months! Congratulations!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
hahahahahah!! Diane is being kind! She didn't tell you about MY darling dogs...now, keep in mind that I have never said that my dogs are well trained...and one-on-one I can handle them just fine (and I love them all so much) but...when we get all FIVE of them together...in a small car (well, most cars are small with 5 large dogs and luggage) and travel 4 hours to get to a TINY hotel room (where we were right by the ice machine and my dogs felt the need to take turns guarding our door)...we wake up early to give all of them, yes all 5, a bath before pictures...well, let me just say that they were full of energy and crankiness, and I was down to one frazzled nerve...Okay...we arrive at Diane's house (late, of course) and we are told to "make ourselves at home" while they are getting pictures next door...
So far, so good. Before I go further, I want to say that Diane and her husband are the best people I have ever met! ... and Vicky's adorable sons were so helpful and sweet, I wanted to take them home with me!
So, we let the dogs off leash...they run and have a good time...then Nitos jumps into the pool...other than ruining his "photo perfect coat) no problem, Nitos knows how to swim, but he didn't know how to get out of this pool (he, of course was on the side with a wall) so, my hubby is straining to pull Nitos out...and in jumps Chase (who has NEVER been in a pool...we don't know if he can swim!) Now, hubby is trying to save Nitos AND Chase, calling for me to bring leashes, I'm rounding them up...and in goes Lexie and Bayley! (They both swim and had enough sense to go to the stairs to get out...) So much for looking picture perfect...
Dave is soaked, I am soaked, dogs are soaked...and I am being told that they are ready for pictures! HAHAHA....sheesh.
The wonderful hosts saved the day...and were so kind and sweet even though we were running wet dogs in and out of the house (to get to the photographer) and everything was in turmoil... (Oh, yes, I almost forgot...Rosie decided that she didn't want to be sniffed...it didn't matter that Dakota lives at the house, she was in no mood to "get acquainted"...she nearly ripped the other dog's ears off for sniffing her...)
All in all, the dogs dried off, we were well-fed and treated so well, and I got to see (and love) Copper...and we enjoyed lots of visiting, sunshine, and happy dogs! It was great to see Vicky again. She is really a great person.
(The next day...today...rushed two dogs to the vet, from the hotel...one was chewing my pill bottle and another chewing the lid...don't know if either actually ingested pills...so both go in...they are fine. Thank God. But, before we left our tiny hotel room, I noticed that my dogs found a piece of thread in the carpet...thought they'd unravel it...we had an unusually high hotel bill *sigh*)
Did we earn a spot on the calendar??? Lord, I hope so!
One thing is for sure, Diane and family earned a nice spot in Heaven...they put up with A LOT!
We had a great time, really, we did! I loved the photo day! Diane's home is lovely and her yard was stunning...lovely people, lovely day, lovely surroundings!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Those hot dogs were soooo gooood! :lol:

Thank you Diane for the wonderful time and opening your beautiful home to us. (It wasn't just the dogs, my two sons were wandering thru her home and yard as well) Diane was such a good sport.

The photo shoot was a hoot. Copper probably hasn't missed his calling. :shock: Poor Copper, "Eyes out, tongue clean and straight, tags in back, ok now STAY! He doesn't know stay so I used wait. Turns out he doesn't know that too well either. :oops:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jacque
You silly goose! If you had of stayed with us to begin with all of that would not have happened. We are doggie people, and NEXT TIME, I will insist that you swallow your pride and camp out with us--we'll make it work!! In defense of all of our dogs, I think they were reacting to our stress. As hard as I tried, I could not bring Dakota's charismatic personality out--even using his favorite liver treats (which usually bring a huge smile!) Well. Hopefully we fooled the camera! Oh, and by the way, Dakota has been disciplined by Sparky since he was 8 weeks old--Rosie did no harm; I believe he rather liked her!
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
ok I am laughing so hard I am crying LOL :lol: :D :shock: 8)

sounds like a great time and I travel all the time with my four dogs and I have some good stories thats for sure, but all bathed for a photo shoot and into the pool? not sure I can top that one!!!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
That is hilarious Jac! Talk about Murphy's Law! (Sorry about the hotel bill though)

And Diane, how many gorgeous homes do you have? :eek: :D :wink:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
WEll, it was certainly a day to remember! But, it turned out so well...and here are some pics to prove it. :D 8)

And my personal favorite:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Cute pics! Man, if riley would have been there.....he would have been the dog sitting away from the pool...afraid to get wet. dont get me wrong, riley loves to swim but he wont go in farther than his tummy. Our trainer tried to lure him in but its no use.....its gonna be hard cuz he's supposed to be my hunting dog...hows he gonna get my duck?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Copper! I didn't know you felt that way. :shock:

Great pictures Jac. I think you captured the day very nicely. My favorites are both pictures of Dakota and the one with Papa Chase, Mama Lexie, and baby Copper in the back.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vicky is right Jac--great pictures! Chases's two little teeth popping out crack me up! Was my husband right--we didn't get pictures of Chase???? If not, we need to fix that--Chase is one of the most handsome Poodles I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! I will pm you with contact info for Marge. Next time you come to Sacramento, tie up with her--that good-looking Chase could certainly be a cover boy! :D
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I am still laughing at that shot of Copper giving the raspberry to Vicky! Toooo funny!

Thanks, Diane, no we didn't get a picture of Chase, but I am not surprised...and we didn't really expect any. He isn't exactly what most people think of when they think of Poodles...he is our "rasta dog"! But we love him to pieces. He is such a good, goofy, sweet boy.

Lauren, your Riley would have been the one ready for his pictures then! It was hilarious (although not at the time) that all of my dogs (except for Rosie-Beanie) were soaking wet for their big moment!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts