Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was in the shower and she WENT THROUGH MY BAG and dragged out my mutli vita single pack and ate it (spit the wrapper out). it's one day's worth of vitamin, mineral and fish oil for humans. could this be harmful? wondering if i'm in for an evening of explosive diarrhea or something......

G

·
I'm thinking she'll be fine, just perkier! :lol: The main problem with vitamins would be iron, but one is not going to be an issue.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so, as it turns out she was fine up until today (i thought it would hit her quick???) beginning today (nearly 2 days after she ate them) she has explosive diarrhea shooting out in a stream (sorry so graphic :oops: ). the neighbors will hate me. i have to get out there with a bucket and wash off the trees. poor girl. she seems alright but i'm wondering - should i let it pass through or give her something? pumpkin doesn't work - she throws it up. i thought i heard you can give them kaopectate but i'm wondering if i should let her body get rid of it or should i try to stop her up. thoughts? she's going (and trying to go) a little more than normal (3 or so times now) thanks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Poor Shaia! :(

I would say let it run it's course (excuse the pun). Make sure she gets lots of water, and when you think she's ready try introducing some basic food again - boiled rice and cooked chicken, pumpkin. That's assuming of course that the runs are caused by the vitamins and not by something else. It's strange the diarrhea didn't start sooner.

I would call the vet too - just to seek their advice. By this point whatever she's taken will be in her system and her body seems to be doing a good job at flushing it out naturally.

Perhaps some vet prescribed anti-diarrhea meds would help? There's a powder form which can be added to her food/water. Just make sure she's drinking enough and keeping it down, so that she doesn't get dehydrated.

I really hope she feels better soon.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I'd check in with your vet or call them just to be safe

also try giving your doodle 2 teaspoons of pineapple , as it may help firm her up and is antioxidant as well

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, libby & Annmarie. i'll call vet + do boiled chicken and rice. it is strange that there was the delay. she is sleeping a lot today, more than usual. i feel terrible. i should have put my bag out of reach, but boy was she crafty - rifling through my things like that and dragging this pack out of a pocket! :shock: lesson learned.

G

·
I don't think it's related, but the vet could probably tell you for sure. Fish oil is good for them, vitamin and mineral sound benign...and TWO days later? Maybe he ate something else?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he said to give her metamucil tablets (fiber) and bland (chix+rice) diet. thanks for your concern everyone! i can't imagine what else it could be but the vet said the fish oil was probably what did it. :?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts