Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She is a bit woozy, but seems ok - she must have peed for 5 minutes after we walked out of the vet's. Came straight in the house, climed in her crate in the sunroom and has gone straight to sleep. Two of her baby teeth came out while she was at the vet's (the tiny ones, unfortunately not those needle FANGS of hers!) and the vet saved them for me! So glad I don't have to be without her overnight (even if she can't sleep on the foot of the bed for a few nights!)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
oh, you must be sooooo happy to have little TYKE home with you and glad to hear all went well! :D :D :D
and TYKE you'll get tons of extra love now :wink:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think I could have slept knowing she was up there by herself all alone! The vet's assistant said they had an obnoxious little Shih Tzu up there that was barking all day, but Tyke didn't seem to mind. When we went in to get her, Traci (the assistant) had fixed up her crate with all the stuff we brought with her (in her own little suitcase!). Traci put her "Binkey" (blanket), my old t-shirt, and Tyke's two favorite toys in there with her! We had to wake her up to take her home! We are so lucky to have such a great vet with such a super staff!

G

·
I'm so glad she is home! I mean really, what is better? All alone at the vet office all night...or home where Mom can hover and worry over her every move?! Here is hoping for a quiet night! :D

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I am glad you don't spoil Tyke :roll: :roll: :roll: It is so nice that you have such a great vet and staff.

Hope your little one has a restful night...you won't of course because you will be hovering :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
We're so happy you're home Tyke!!!! Me and Molly are sending you this card hoping you'll feel better!!

AND.....If you're a really good girl, and don't lick your stitches, maybe this little girl will visit you tonight!!!

Look under your pillow in the morning...you just might find a nice treat!!!
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Your friends,
Raleigh & Molly!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cute card Molly and thanks for the smoochies, Annabelle! Tyke has had a little supper, gone outside for a few minutes, and then had a spoonful of ice cream (lactose free, of course!) for dessert! It is so good to have the little monster home, and thanks to ALL of you doodle lovers (two- and four-legged) for your good wishes!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Raleigh, I sure didn't mean to leave you and your mom out on the thanks for the card!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Happy homecoming, Tyke. Aaaahhhhh.....there's no place like home

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
So, I didn't realize she couldn't get up on the bed at night with you....
I guess i just didn't think about that....
I may have to sleep on the floor with Coco....to be sure she doesn't get up on anything. I am bad about letting her on the furniture.
Never have let any other dog, but this one is rotten.

Glad she is doing well!!
8)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, Tyke slept through the night like a log - whenever I checked on her, she was on her back in her crate - she had made herself a nest with all her stuffed toys. I even heard her snoring a couple of times last night. She woke up this morning hungry as a bear, and WILD! It was about 35 degrees here, and I think the cold weather felt good to her! She is here at work with me today- I can keep her confined to a fairly small space in my office to keep her from running and jumping (she has already tried both). I don't think Mom could have handled her at home today!!

The Tooth Fairy also left her a nice new Dentabone for the two baby teeth she lost yesterday!

Jane, Tyke can't quite jump up on the bed yet - I lift her up each night, b/c it's pretty high. I really had to wait to trust her not to jump off of it by herself. I just didn't want to put her up there last night and risk her falling off or me kicking her by accident. She really didn't seem to mind being back in the crate - it was right by my bed where she could see me, plus, I think she was a bit DRUNK! :? If Coco (that is Tyke's mom's name by the way!) can jump, you may want to get yourself a sleeping bag! :lol:
When is she getting spayed?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Coco will be spayed the end of the month. Or first of December.
She is a year old now, but was a jumper from the beginning....though I
remember when the bed was too high to get up on....I wasn't thinking about how little Tyke still is.....sorry......my brain had yet to get engaged!

Sounds like Tyke is doing well!! That's great!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Best wishes to Coco ahead of time! From my own experience and from the experiences I heard from the others on the forum this week, it is much worse on us than it is on them!
Tyke just turned 4 months old this week, so she has a little more growing to do. We had her trimmed just before she was spayed, and I couldn't believe how lanky she is! Her legs look like they are a mile long! She is already starting to jump, and could probably make it on and off the bed - she just hasn't realized it yet!! One of the reasons I got a doodle was because I wanted a running buddy. It will be about a year before she can really start training to run with me, but when she does, she will probably run me into the ground! She looks like she could go all day!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts