Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess what?? Mom and I are getting a new car today or tomorrow! We picked it out last night (yep, I went right into the showroom with BaBa and Mom - I think we got a good deal just because I am so cute!)It's a shiny new black Focus. Mom says it has something called "Sync" and it will talk to us and call people on the phone for us! Best of all - it has a switch to turn off the passenger air bag, so as long as I wear my seatbelt, I can sit up front now! Mom says we are keeping "Old Faithful" the Explorer to pull the boats with, but with gas prices they way they are, we needed something to get a little better gas mileage for everyday driving. Mom says it costs WAY more to feed the Explorer than it does to feed me! All I know is I'm gonna be one cute doodle in a brand new car! I can't wait to go cruisin' 8)

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Tyke make sure mom takes pictures of you in the new car. Congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
congrats TYKE!! and you're ranking mighty high to get to sit up front....make sure your mom takes pics!! :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got it! It's sitting in the parking lot here at work - after all the paperwork, I just did have time to get it back to work!! I keep running to the window to make sure it is still there!!! :roll: Tyke and I are goin' "cruzin'" after work - I'll post pictures! (I don't know if I will ever figure this Sync thing out - I have to make my phone "talk" to the car, but once it's set up, everything is voice activated!!!)

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
(I don't know if I will ever figure this Sync thing out - I have to make my phone "talk" to the car, but once it's set up, everything is voice activated!!!)
do you mean that your car is set up to work with bluetooth? Our Rav4 has this too (you do everything at your steering wheel after you sync the phone). My husband set it up for me, but I never use it. I need to start though (NJ has a more strict cell phone law now).

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, Sync uses bluetooth to connect with the cell phone and an MP3 player - sounds like it will be great if I can get it to work - I just haven't had a chance to try it- I'm itching to crank that baby up and RIDE! (so is Tyke!!! 8) )

G

·
Sync is awesome. I have it in my car. I just can't get it to download the phone numbers out of it. I think my phone is too old. It's over 2yrs old I think.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pics will be coming tomorrow, but we got Sync to work! It even downloaded the numbers from my phone so that I can say "Call Mom" and it asks me "Home or Mobile!" Heather, there is an automatic download for the phone#'s if your phone will allow it. I just have to ask my boyfriend how to do it...he did that part for me!
Denver, Tyke says she is stealing the keys and heading for Canada! Gene, I think she's coming to get Miko and the boys on the way up!! 8)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!! 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Always room for you, sweet Annabelle!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well....., if we fold down the back seat, it does open up into the trunk....does Miko know how to drive? Tyke's too young to get a driver's license!!! :wink:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts