Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cute picture of Tyke and my mom (Tyke will be 5 months old Nov. 3)

Boy, has she grown! This was Aug 25 - just about 8 weeks!)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sure is! They will be taking naps on it together before you know it! :wink:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kim, how old is your Mom? Mine was 89 when I got Jonah at 4 months old. She WOULD NOT let him on the couch at all. She tried to pretend she wasn't crazy about him.....but when I would get home from work, she would be sitting in a chair by his kennel.....because his crying kept her awake......! :roll: She also loved it when we would go in to visit her when she was in the nursing home. He's go over to her bed, put his paws on it and she'd say...."Sorry bub....only room for one"!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mom is a still feisty 79 and she loves Tyke to death - she just won't admit it! My dad is 81 and has Parkinson's - he is in the veterans home here - a wonderful place - my dad's favorite part is the therapy dogs that come by, but he says Tyke is the best - she crawls right in the bed with him! When Tyke gets old enough, I'll give her a shot at being a therapy dog, I think!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
KIM that picture is so cute of your Mom holding onto Little TYKE..I think your mom is "in puppy love" for sure. I'd love to know her thoughts in that picture :)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Sweet picture of Tyke and your mom. Neither Tim or I still have our moms but they were both real dog lovers :) :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most of the animal lovers in my family are on my mom's side. Her mother was a sort of unoffical vet for the wildlife in her yard. I grew up going to her house to meet countless rabbits, squirrels and baby birds that my grandmother would take in, rehabilitate, and send back into the wild. I always wanted to be a vet, but didn't have the stomach for it! When I was in 7th grade, our veterinarian offered to let me watch while he spayed our dog. Snappy made it through the surgery just fine, but I didn't! I passed out when he gave her the shot to put her under!!! :roll:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I just love fiesty "old people" and am striving to become one.

I hope Tim and I can meet your mom some day. I would also like to visit at the Vetran's home which wasn't finished the last time we were there.

Tyke...you keep working on Grandma and you will have that couch in no time
:twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahha kim! i used to have the strongest stomach, go on dare devil rides with ease, worked in Physical Therapy with 3rd degree burn victims for a year, watched every kind of operation on tv ...but something happened after i had my 3rd kid.
Hell if a hammock swings too much i can get sick hahhahaaa YET put me in a emergency situation and i am cool calm collect ...i cry afterwards :wink:

Fiesty Older people are my FAVORITE!!!
they are like a chocolate chip cookie, sometimes crunchy along the edges but sooooo soft inside :D
in Any job i am always given the "cranky" old ones hahahhaaaa and they turn so sweet

hahhahaa i remember one guy in August, bought a huge tree.
The following week after we planted it he drove 35 minutes to my job in August
just to apologize to me cause he said he was rotten to me. :shock:
Funny thing, i found him humorous and not rotten one bit. I told him to keep his apology cause i had a blast with him :wink: hahhaaa

YEAH he was fiesty to say the least, his friend that had referred him had called the next day to ask what i did to get the old buzzard to soften up and
apologize cause they go golfing every week and want to club him at times hahahhaaaaaaaaaaa hahhaaa

i have been soooooo blessed in my life to have made so many friendships with 70 to 90 year olds. They have wisdom and if you get them to share it, treasure it. :)
The fiesty ones are ususally hurting deep inside, at times missing someone. Others , well hell they're just born fiesty yet loving :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My grandmother was the same way as my mother - hope I get to be a fiesty old lady (albeit with a WEAK stomach!) someday!!!! :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts