Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.....we are well over the Tums incident....Yesterday afternoon someone came to the front door...Coco bounded up on the couch in our front room near the front door to see who was arriving. Her left hind leg/foot sunk down in between the cushions...she then turned and twisted out and onto the floor.....She has been holding that back leg up ever since. She really limps, but doesn't cry when I feel it ....or when she puts it down some.....but she isn't comfortable....and doesn't romp around playing. :?
She lays down by me. Will chew a toy and otherwise seem fine.

If it isn't better by tomorrow, I will take her in to see the vet.....though right now isn't a good time financially to do that.....we need every penny this month....Oh well, she may have to remain in the #1 position around here!!!! :roll:
Any advise to try and avoid the vet? How long can I wait to take her in?
Never mind, going out of town Thursday....until sunday night....so she will have to go before we leave~ if need be.

I think she may have just sprained it, or pulled a muscle? It isn't broken...I feel sure about that.

What do you think???

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
So sorry about Coco.....don't really have any advise, but I sure understand the finances! I always put my doods first and end up doing without some thing. :wink: I hope someone else has some good advise. We're sending out puppy prayers! Gotta love these guys!! :roll:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Yikes
In that situation I would still talk to the vet
and maybe work out a payment plan if your vet suggests to
bring dog in? Would that work? :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I would talk to the vet. I hope it is nothing serious and Coco gets better real soon.

I once had a Papillon that got injured with his tendon by the other dog wehad and anyway Beamer had to have bedrest and low activity for 5 days! we separated them with xpens. and sat on the floor alot with our hurting dog, never allowed jumping or running for 5 days.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Boy you are not having good luck these days! I am so sorry...
But my advice is to take Coco in to the vet...without hesitation. (If you want to wait for regular hours, fine, but don't wait days...)
Dogs are "programmed" not to show when they are sick or in pain. Showing any sign of weakness makes them easy prey in the wild. So if Coco is limping, it could be much more serious than you think.
I hope that it is only a pulled muscle or something...but I would not be surprised to learn it is worse.
Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, Coco is doing much better, thank you. Have been busy and unable to get online lately.....She still limps just a little sometimes....but overall she is getting back to normal. I have limited her activity as much as possible....seems to have helped. Never took her in to the vet....but will if this doesn't continue to improve. I think it was a pulled muscle, or turned ankle kind of thing.....she really is doing MUCH better....though not 100% yet.

I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thanks Jane....glad to hear Coco is improving as i was concerned and wondering :D

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, Coco is doing much better now....an occassional limp after being too rambunctious, but otherwise she seems perfect again.....
Don't know how to keep her totally quiet and it isn't necessary anymore.....thankfully!!

8)

G

·
Hi Jane,
You asked a short while ago where I got the moo ears that don't smell. Our feed supply store sold them singly, but the owner is so unhelpful and his employees so miserable that I went online to see if I could find them. I had to buy a boxful, but that's ok, I won't run out for a while! :lol:
I ordered them thru Amazon from Bullysticksonline. Great service, no problems. I tried giving Bella the ears again and no problems so far. I wonder if the marrow bone was 'bad' even though I froze it :oops: Maybe I waited too long to freeze them...2-3 days? Anyway, she is great and loves her cow ears!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F3 ... t&v=glance

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Linda,

Thanks for the info!! I am ordering some!
I haven't seen them in the stores,
including two feedstores here....
so I will get them online, too!
I have decided Coco is a major chewer.....
and the busier she is chewing the more work I get done!!

Just got back in town from a wedding in Charleston, SC.
In the lobby of the hotel an older couple sat with their darling labradoodle....a blonde one.
Such a sweet disposition...of course,
we were nearly late to the rehearsal dinner...
due to visiting with them and her Bella.
Such fun to see another doodle fan! 8) 8) 8)

Gene,

Yes!! Coco is 100% well. Our sons took care of her for us
for three days and she played hard
.....did fine and isn't limping a bit now!!
I am so thankful!!! :)
She needs a bath, but is otherwise just perfect!
Seems glad we are home and we are glad to see her! It was hard to leave her here.
Next time she is going with!!

:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts