Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like it's just that kind of "fixed" day. This is Tuckers 7 month birthday. I'm new at this and of course we didn't investigate the whole situation until we got home, but do they just remove the testicals and leave the skin? Sorry for the bluntness but you all are experts. My son says "will it just fall of or what"?. The poor thing is just pitiful. Of course I have to take pictures of everything. I think he is trying to be mad at me :(

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
That's what they did with Tanner....The skin shriveled and once it healed and fur grew over...looked like nothing was ever there :wink:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Glad to hear that Tucker is doing well. Toby acted as though nothing happened trying to keep him quiet was a trip and unsuccessful! Lani made sure of that, if he was willing she was going to accommodate him. He recovered quickly>

·
Registered
260 Posts
i had the same question when kumo was neutered. we waited until he was a year old, so there was a significant, er, flap of skin left behind after the procedure. i decided to ask the Internet (via google) about whether the flap would reduce in size over time, and came across this HILARIOUS blog entry on the subject. the comments are just as funny as the post.

http://anxiousaboutlife.blogs.com/findi ... y_why.html

and, yes, kumo's flap has shrunk until at this point it is barely noticeable.

-em

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max to this day brings tears of laugher at the vets office when he got neutered. He awoke and took off running hhahaha then barked incessantly for 6 hours till we could get out of work to pick him up.
Needless to say he was sore for almost 4 days and walked like a 95 yr old man hahahhahahaa

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Jonah now has a "patch of hair" that makes him look like he still may have some "marbles". I think this is so he can fake out those beautiful girl doodles on the forum with his "manliness"! :lol:

Glad Tucker came through it ok. Do I notice pink toes in that picture? Miko has a couple too! They are soooo cute!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
those tuxedo doodles are the cutest ever!!! and have the soulful doodle eye look down pat!!!

i love how much expression doodles are capable of :D :D :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Hey Tucker
How are ya doing buddy.
I hear you had "it" done.
Good use of the face keep that up cause they give you extra treats
if you look all sad, makes them feel sorry for you.
You will be running around and good as new real quick
but do not forget to keep giving them the look.

Your buddy
Denver

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
the older the dog the less resilent the skin (read if you wait on a great dane until he is 6 he always has a little hanging pouch!)
our 100 pound labrador is taking his time to shrink as well as he was three when his procedure was done! At 7 months you will be fine and it will be unnoticable!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for asking. I just got home and he has been in his crate about 4 hours. He will not leave it alone. I can't tell because of the sweling if it is a bit open or just strange looking. I had my son put a white sheet in the crate so I could see any bleeding. There is one small blotch and it looks more like a slober spot with very little pink to it. He doesn't know what to do with himself. Is there anything natural that makes them sleep or be lazy? He still has one pain\inflamation tablet to take in the a.m. I am about to make a cone for his head. How pitaful. How is lani? How are you keeping her from sniffing, scratching, biting, chewing or whatever it is Tucker is doing to himself?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Lani is doing ok, thanks for your concern. She has been home about 3 hours and has slept most of the time. She has had only one bout of licking the inscision and I got her to stop, so far so good. Toby licked a fair amount when he was neutered but had no problems. He had one spot that was a little red but it never became a problem. Hope he does OK for you, keep us updated.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Even though I have not been able to check in lately, Tucker and Lani have been on my mind. I hope that both are healing well...and that by now they are both leaving the "wound" alone!

Tucker might need a t-shirt too!

If it gets swollen and red, I'd check with the vet. I don't recall that happening with our puppies when they were done.

Best wishes to you all!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
about 1-2 in a hundred will have a reaction to the interior sutures. This will present itself with red or bruising and swelling. Call your vet and they will prescribe antibiotics and perhaps a steroid and all will be well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts