Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend has been in my life since before either of us could walk or talk. Our parents were friends before either of us was born so we've just always been together. She is one SMART cookie and is always there for me regardless what's wrong. She called me today and has given me what I think is an awesome idea, so I've placed close to 20 calls to local vet clinics, rescues and humane societies looking for a litter or even a single baby for Montana to adopt. Amazingly, none had a need right now but several said that could change in 5 minutes, so I left my name and number and made a few new friends in the process. LOL

It would just do my heart good to be able to give Montana her own babies and create a positive out of this very sad situation. So please all who are of the praying kind... lets pray that Montana gets her babies whether they go WOOF or meow... I doubt it matters as long as she finds something to love that can love her back.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I will say prayers for you and also Tink most animals in nature can and do have false pregnancies. For some its hormonal.

i also wonder as when my breeder's one dog has a litter seems about the other female has a litter anywhere from 5 days to 10 weeks later.

I wish you a good solution and happy ending :D

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Sending prayers and good wishes for Montana to have adopted babies to love!!! :D What a great idea!!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Please keep us up-to-date on your progress! Montana you are so in my thoughts! Many licks and loves from Ebbe too!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks... I've gotten calls back from several of the rescues etc and so far no one needs her attention, but they said they'd keep my info close since that can change quickly. Even among the vets, heads of shelters, and such the advice I have been given varies widely.

All but one were at least nice to talk with. The "ONE" was a local vet who sounded like he'd inhaled a bit too much of his own gas. He went from quizzing me on different things to do with mastitis and uterine infections, to accusing me of ordering heroine online?!? The man is wacked! :shock: He told me I'd probably had the "expletive" dog for years and was just too "expletive" cheap to get her spayed. I promised not to call him again and hung up.

One wanted me to give Montana some of Canadas litter and accused me of being a sentimental female when I said that just didn't seem fair to Canada. What is it with men? lol

I did get her a stuffed puppy that makes a sound when it's belly gets squeezed. Last I looked she was trying to rip it's belly out. :?

So anyway, no news but I've left my number all over and seem to be finding out who NOT to call should my vets go out of town!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, man! That one vet was a wacko!!!
You were good to hold your remarks...I don't think I'd have been that controlled.
You are doing a good thing, don't let others dictate to you what you should or should not do...your heart knows.
Funny about the stuffed animal though! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts