Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sound yummy but I have to admit, I dont like cooking for me, so i dont think AB is going to get homemade treats :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't mean to butt in, but I fixed liver treats for my last dog.

It is just 1# of liver and 1 small pkg. of Jiffy cornbread mix.
Liquify the liver in a blender then mix together. Follow instructions
on cornbread mix box.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Vanessa, do you have recipes? I need more detail in order to try these!

My all time favorite for Charlie and Lucky is a fish cookie. It's chock full of ingredients for beautiful coats. They get one or two per day. (I've posted before.)

Fish Cookies

I N G R E D I E N T S
1 14 oz can of salmon
1/4 cup dried parsely
2 cloves minced garlic
3 eggs including shells
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
2 cups (or more as needed) whole wheat flour

I N S T R U C T I O N S
Preheat oven to 375°F
Spray Cookie Sheet with cooking spray oil

Put all ingredients, except flour, into a mixer on medium till well combined. Add flour until blended and the mixture forms into a stiff dough using extra flour as needed.

Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface and kneed for about 1 minute. Roll out to a thickness of about 1/4". Cut into shapes using a cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place on greased cookie sheets. Bake treats for about 30 minutes or until firm and nicely browned. Cool treats on a wire rack.

Deb

·
Registered
448 Posts
Don't think I'll be baking doggie cookies any time soon! Nicky will just have to do without! Unless someone else bakes for him (hint, hint)!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sessa35 said:
P.S.S. Mary--I would be happy to send some out to AB if she is feeling deprived--but somehow, I don't have the feeling that Annabelle is deprived of much!! LOL!! :wink: :lol:
LOL I'm sure Miss Annabelle would love that, but you are right she is NOT deprived of much, although I'm sure she would tell you otherwise if given the chance. She got some gourmet treats for Christmas from her friend Sascha and from Mommy's friend Leigh - she was a very happy girl :wink:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Anxious to try all the recipes ... and KNOW Miss Ebbe will love them! We might go looking for a dog bone cookie cutter today!

G

·
Sessa, my 'recipe' is a can of tuna, drained, some plain yogurt to hold it together (maybe 3 tablespoons?) and one grated carrot. Mix together, stuff in the kong and freeze. I'm not sure what measurements the official 'winning' recipe said, but that is how I make it! :lol: And I'll skip the carrot if I'm in a hurry :lol:

And here is a link to a chance to win a big basket of Kong items just by signing up for their newsletter. I subscribe and it really does not come often enough (maybe once every 2 months?) and they don't seem to send out anything else to your email.

http://www.kongcompany.com/freebasketoffer.asp

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
FoodLady said:
Anxious to try all the recipes ... and KNOW Miss Ebbe will love them! We might go looking for a dog bone cookie cutter today!
Surprisingly, Charlie will eat any shape cookie! I usually make gingerbread men. Somehow it seems right that he gets to chew up these little people. :lol:

Deb

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
DebBrown said:
FoodLady said:
Surprisingly, Charlie will eat any shape cookie! I usually make gingerbread men. Somehow it seems right that he gets to chew up these little people. :lol:

Deb
Like Vanessa if they aren't clearly designated as "Ebbe's Cookies" they will be consumed by DH.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts