Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing to do with doodles but want some advice. I just got a bill from a Florida company for over $800 worth of clothing that I did not purchase. It is NOT a credit card bill, but looks like an invoice from the store that says payable upon receipt. The store is located in Florida, I am in NJ. I called and was told customer service will call me within 48 hours.
What else should I be doing?
What questions should I be asking customer service when I get them on the phone?
I purchased a gift from this company 2 years ago, so that would be how my name and address is in there database.
What company in this day and age sells over $800 worth of clothing and BILLS the customer (not a credit card!)?
This would have to be employee fraud, right?
Or a huge mistake.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Me I always think scam. I don't believe that anyone would ship now, bill later. If that company does, they are run by fools! Just be careful. Maybe do a google search on the company to see if this has happened before. Goo luck and keep us posted!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks guys! Nothing came up on google. I definitely will tell them to take my name/info out of the database. I used a credit card 2 years ago, but it has since expired and been replaced. I hate that somehow my name and address was used (hopefully a mistake in the computer input?)
Who the heck buys a mens sport shirt for $355? :roll: and another one for $195. 4 items of clothing $869 dollars

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Linda...also let them know you are filing a complaint with the state attorney general

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Linda, did customer service ever call you back??? I just wonder if this whole thing is a scam......I'd also report them to the attorney general in Fla, and maybe contact the police dept. in the town in which this store is, if you don't get any results.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for their care and concern and suggestions!
I called first thing this am and they knew exactly who I was and what I was calling about. I was transferred to the manager who apologized and said the bill should have gone to a lady with my same name in Ft. Lauderdale. I asked to have my name removed from the database and she said certainly. Very polite and sounds like it was an honest mistake....
still can't get over $385 for a sport shirt for a guy....maybe if it was for me :lol: :lol: :lol: but...a guy?
Just kidding...I actually shop for shirts at Sam's Club...I love those $9.99 ones! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
even if i had the $$$ i would NEVER pay that for a shirt!! hahahaa

in fact i am proud to be a great SALE shopper buying expensive clothing for bottomw rock clearance prices :D :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MaxandMe said:
...in fact i am proud to be a great SALE shopper buying expensive clothing for bottom with rock clearance prices :D :D :D
You better buy some expensive clothes for that nekky bottom of yours....
and what are rock clearance prices.....flintstone money? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Hey Linda they got any good sale going on in Paramus NJ???

and you're just jealous i know how to buy dana buchmann suits for $130, liz claiborne skirts for $10, Anne Klein top $15, ...ya gotta know how to haggle em down when you see a miniscule microscopic spot of possible dirt? hahhahahhaaaaaaaaa

I also can sometimes buy clark and born shoes alot less than retail.

funny thing is i don't like to shop. I go in , if i see it, i buy it if not i leave.
HOWEVER bring me to an antique shop and i don't buy but lovvvvv to look.

Doodle toys are also less expensive at Country Max too hhahahaa

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
nothing like the sale racks at nordstroms let alone macys.... children shirts for 7.99 cheaper than target and these last years!!!!

oh yeah 385 for a shirt no flippin way!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts