Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Please forgive my indulgence but I am bursting at the seams with my news...I just finished 4 long, gruling years of law school! Yippee!!!

I graduate this June, but I am finished with classes and it feels so good...and yesterday was my 55th birthday...so I feel extra pleased with this graduation, since I am not a young person! :D

It is shameless of me to make such a public announcement but I couldn't resist; you folks are, afterall, my family! :D :D

(Oh, and I am leaving for Tahoe for a few days of R and R, so when I don't respond to emials/posts, I will be back next week!)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Excellent job! You should brag and be proud of yourself. A lot of your classmates probably don't understand that right out of undergrad its just more school but when you have an adult life too...well that makes it all the more impressive.

Have a great trip and Happy Birthday!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wow! I mean, really.... WOW. That is unbelievably impressive and inspiring. Breeding dogs AND going to law school.... Did you commute to law school? Do you have help at home? I'm bursting with questions.... May I email you privately?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I am so happy for you :D :D You deserve some R&R after all that :!:

And Happy Birthday, we're the same age Jac, for 3 more months anyway :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
WOW - Congratulations Jac!

I had no idea you were in law school. I thought being an expert in labradoodles was prestigious enough! I am so impressed.

Many best wishes for a fantastic celebration!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, you guys sure know how to make me feel great! Thank you for all of the well wishes and congratulations! :D

I was going to be in Tahoe, celebrating, tonight but my puppies have diarrhea *sigh* and I couldn't leave them when I didn't know what caused it. (I think it was a new food we fed mama Bayley...)

But anyway, I am here and I wanted to write and tell you all how much your comments mean to me.

I'll go through and answer the questions...

Michael...nope, no skiing...I did that years ago (when boots laced! :oops: ) but have not hit the slopes in years! I was just going with a bunch of the students in my class to celebrate our final... final! Guess they can drink my portion of wine and hopefully include me in the toast! 8)

Amanda, I am not sure what type of law I will end up practicing, but I want to mediate and now I am thinking that animal law would be a great thing for me!

Thanks, Chesterpal! The "kids" in our class called me Momma...I like that...and I love them!

2doodsmom, thank you too! Yes, I did commute, but only this last year. When we moved north (for our dogs to have more room to roam) I had to drive an hour and a half each way...and class was from 6 pm to 9 pm! Yuck! But, my husband is an attorney, so he was very, very supportive. And it helps that I don't have small children at home! YES, please do send a private message to me, I'd love to visit with you! (I'll send you my email address on the PM.)

Diane, I would have stopped! What fun...I don't know why, but I never realized you were in Sacramento...we will need to get together!

Thanks, Stacy and Sarah... :D

Diane, we are close in age! Cool...somehow I knew we were kindred spirits!

Awww, Jannie, how sweet! But...I am afraid that I am no expert in anything ...I just plog along trying to learn what I can, and sharing what I learn. :wink:

Thanks Kelly! I am celebrating by quietly snuggling with 10 wonderful puppies and 4 adorable grown up doggies! I am blessed, indeed.

Again, thank you all! I am so fortunate to have found this forum and to have been so well accepted. You guys rock!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Jac,

First of all CONGRATULATIONS! What an enormous accomplishment! Celebrate, Celebrate, Celebrate!!! I'm fairly new to this forum, but could tell from reading all of your replies to others questions that you are a remarkable, smart, and caring individual. The world of law is so fortunate to have you representing them. Good luck with whatever area you decide to venture into! Animal Law???? Sounds right up your alley!! Hope you can go to Tahoe again soon! Those pups are lucky are to have you too! Keep us updated as you use your much earned/deserved new degree! Thanks for your continued support and encouragement to us new and old Doodle lovers,

Kim

·
Registered
401 Posts
Congrats! I was wondering why you werent replying to my emails! Thats okay! Ttyl, Have fun!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What a nice post, Kim, thank you so much!

Lauren...I have not received any emails from you! (I would answer, even if I get busy...never to busy to write friends...maybe short answers, and tiny emails, but I'd answer!)

Sorry...want to try to send them again? Or PM me and I'll be sure you have my correct email address!

G

·
Congratulations Jac! What a terrific accomplishment. It's amazing you were able to get thru the tough course work, raise your pups & devote so much time & energy to helping us all on this wonderful forum with your valuable insight, information & caring.
Isn't it great getting into a new career at this age? It's terrific that we can have the option to change what we do. Sure beats having a mid-life crisis! In fact, you're just too busy to have one.
I changed careers in my 40's - I went from being a Psychiatric Social Worker to being an Optometrist. Setting new & challenging goals & then reaching those goals in life keeps you young even though it's a tough going at times. I don't know about you, but while in the midst of studying I often felt like I'd die of old age before I finished. :roll: Of course, loving our doodles & being entertained by them keeps us young also!
Wishing you all of life's best.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow! Jac, you are so awesome! Congratulations! You are my hero! I always wanted to have a second career once my kids are grown and gone. People like you remind me that it is possible and do-able! Go 'head, girl!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Maureen!

You too, Gabriele, thank you! Wow, you impress me...I could NEVER go into your field...that is why I chose the law, I am not keen on numbers or science...but I can talk my way out of just about anything! :lol:
You have it exactly right...sometimes I worried that it would be too much, but then I realized that everyone was having the same trouble...and that I am not all that unusual (even considering that I am reinventing the second half of my life!)
Congratulations to you! I have always been so impressed with the compassion and knowledge you are able to mix so well to help us on this forum...everyone here has something special to offer and I feel so fortunate to belong to such a fine group!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey, Susanna! You were writing at the same time I was!

Thanks you so much...you are very sweet...don't you ever forget that you can do it! And if you ever need a little nudge, let me know, I'll gently remind you that you have it! :wink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts