Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, how do I get dried up toothpaste out of Bigsby's fur? It's all stuck together in 2 or 3 places on his back. We're still not sure exactly how this happened but he stole the tube of toothpaste off the counter, bit a hole in the bottom of it where it squished out - then seems to have rolled in it. :) This all happened when I was brushing my teeth and walked away from the sink for a second giving the little thief an opportunity to jump to the counter to see what he could steal. Anyway, the toothpaste is all sticky and I can't just brush it out - also tried wetting it and removed some of it that way but still enough of a residue that his fur is stuck together. It reminds me of the time gum got stuck in my daughter's hair. Am I going to have to cut it out? Any suggestions? Oh me, oh my. These doodles...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ok i know peanutbutter can work out gum......and toothpaste well i know a bath would get rid of it

and wow your doodle and my Beau have similar red color

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Hmmmmmm, not had that problem yet - sounds like bath time to me - try a baking soda/water paste first to see if it will break it down if not bath time would be my next step

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I think olive oil might break it down. Rub a small amount in and wipe off with a towel.
I know.......you may have a greaseball........but I think it'll work! :wink:
Olive Oil removes paint! It should work on toothpaste!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give the baking soda paste a try first, then the olive oil. I "don't do" baths myself (he's an uncooperative squirmer), so was trying to avoid spending the money for that unless I have to. But I could try some doggie shampoo on a wet cloth and work it through. That might work. Thanks for the ideas!

Here's another pic that really shows his red color, by the way. It's funny how it always kind of startles me when I see a picture of him - I forget how richly red he really is. By the way, off the subject, in this picture you can really see a close up of Bigsby's coat. Can somebody tell me does this look like a fleece coat or a wooly coat? I'm still not sure of the difference. He's very soft. This is how he looks when he's fairly brushed out - after a few days, it will begin to twist and he gets a "part" in the hair on top of his head . The fur on his legs near his feet is very curly and even softer.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Wow Bigsby is such a beautiful color! Please post more photos of him - he's adorable.

I got a good laugh at whatever is in his mouth - he looks quite proud of himself for having it :)

G

·
He is beautiful! I hope the tootpaste came out! I would say he is a wool coat. Fleece is shiny and silky smooth, wool is soft and fluffy.

G

·
He is beautiful!!!! I have no clue on the toothpaste. Let us know what works though.....just in case mine gets a taste of toothpaste one day!!! Oh by the way he didn't eat any did he? Just because of the flouride that is in there....not good for humans to eat....I don't think it would be good for dogs either.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He might have licked some of the toothpaste, but I think I discovered it so quickly that he didn't really eat any.

He has in his mouth his most favorite toy in the whole wide world, and one of the few things he can't chew up - a heavy duty plastic watering can! He carries it around when he flies through the yard doing the 500's - flings it around on the patio, throws it up in the air. You'd think it would bop him on the head, but so far, no injuries :)

Here's a picture of him running around with it. In the picture, he's on the verge of taking one more step, then leaping over those steps onto the patio, where he flies around the back of the furniture and through and under the shrubbery, then leaps back over those steps with all 4 paws out like superman, still holding onto the watering can. Quite entertaining! I wish I could get a picture of him when he's leaping over the steps onto the yard.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
AW! Bigsby is so beautiful!!! His color is so rich and shiny!!! How old is he?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts