Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came from the dentist. The abcessed tooth is gone. My teeth are very difficult to extract, having curved curly roots. It's like a wrestling match. And I'm very tolerant to novacaine, so it's hard to get me numb. But this dentist came with rave recommendations and so I went. He was a miracle worker, and I felt absolutely nothing. The bleeding is minimal and I'll take a tylenol 3 in an hour or so before the numbness wears off.

He gave me lots and lots of amoxycillin before, so the infection will go away. I'm just glad to have it gone.

So I'm on the mend and will be around to talk doodle now. Dexter is being a really good lovey boy tonight. I think he knows mommy hasn't been feeling well.

(I bet by the title of my post, you thought I was talking puppy teeth! :lol: )

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Yeah for you
I bet you feel so much better!!!
Yes I did think you were talking about puppy teeth.
But I am so happy you are out of pain.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
HURRAY!!!!!!

So glad your on the mend....I was thinking today was the day. I'll bet Dexter will be glad to have mom back to normal(?)...... :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Rita...YES at first i thought it was about puppy teeth hahahha

and i sooooooooooo happy you got your abscessed tooth taken care of and did't feel anything---well that is while they did the work. I hope the pain med helps and you recover quickly.

OH I am wondering how much or how well you talk DOODLE talk on pain med? :wink: :shock: :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
So glad that you are on the mend! I hate dentists too...had a root canal and they could never deaden the nerves...I about came out of the chair with every touch...I know what you mean!
Now, I want them to put me to sleep for everything! hahahaha

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I'm glad it's all taken care of and you're back. I had an abscessed tooth and one dentist tried to do a root canal on it twice before I said enough and had another dentist pull it. What a relief!!

I can't take narcotics, so you're lucky there. Good luck on the lottery!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh my word, last night was horrible. The throbbing just got worse and worse. He warned (as I already knew) that something that's been infected can't really be relieved til the infection's gone. After the third tylenol 3 and a couple doxipens, I got out the heating pad and laid my face on it and slept. Today, it's a bit tender and swollen, but nothing horrible.

Aww, Dex just came in all excited to tell me he went out and went poopie. He never gets tired of being proud of poops. And of course mommy has to make over him for it. Guess I'll go cook supper and praise my pooper a little.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It hurt for about a week, so much so that I thought I had a dry socket. But it was just residual pain. Better now. Dexter's antics are undescribable lately. He's really feeling his oats. I've been too busy to pick up a camera. Maybe I'll get a little photography in before work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts