Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a couple interested in a pup who claimed to have owned labs in the past and sounded like good candidates for a puppy home. We'd talked via email several times, and what I learned about them there sounded really good.

Then came the wacko stuff. LOL
The woman was complaining about puppies untying your shoes. (IF ONLY that was the worst they'd ever do!)
The man asked if I would give them a guarantee the pup wouldn't shed.
Red flags popped up all around!
If you can't tolerate a puppy pulling a shoelace and accept that there's no guarantee that an F1 won't shed... one of my puppies is NOT for you!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
LOL, he must have been the one who had to vacuum up all the hair that the labs shed! Sounds like he needs to do more homework and get a reality check.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I am glad to hear that they will
not get a pup. The shoelace remark alone is just silly.
They need a stuffed toy puppy
bahahaahahahhahhaahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Or better yet....'Rent a Dog'......just saw it on the Today Show or Good Morning America this morning...can't remember which...but some woman in New York I think, now has an agency for dogs that she rents to people that can't HAVE dogs....did you ever???? They rent them for 2 or 3 days, get their 'doggie' fix, and give them back....Hmmmmm...not too sure about that one!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How confusing must that be for the dog to be living with diffeent people every few days? I don't know that it would be healthy for the dog.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I agree, how good is that for the dog? Charlie gets screwed up when we visit my parents for the weekend, which is only an hour away.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Funny that you both say that...they split the screen...on the left was a woman from the ASPCA with the exact sentiments of yours...on the right was the owner of the agency defending her business, saying that she picks only the best most well adjusted pooches from rescue groups (Hmmmm...those people again???..wonder if they know what SHE'S doing??? :shock: ) and trains them to be sociable with all kinds of people...from babies to the elderly...strange thing is that most of the dogs she had were tiny, and high strung breeds.....interesting, to say the least, altho I don't think I like the idea...I'm sure the dogs do get confused, and it really can't be good for their physce(sp?)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
That reminds me of our first "child" a male German Shepherd. When he was a pup, we thought it was funny when he would untie your shoe laces. when he was grown into a 80+ pound dog, it was no longer cute, but still funny to see him go after other people's laces.

Just goes to show, what is cute when they're a pup, might not be as an adult. I imagine that this couple didn't tell their labs it wasn't cute anymore! Either that or they're our old neighbors!!! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Tink, you are going to meet "all kinds" and great job seeing through them.
I often wonder why people want a puppy when they can't handle little things or stuff ...maybe they're the same people once a dog chews rugs, shoes, etc they bring them to shelters?

good job qualifying!!

and RENT a DOG? how about rent a hammer and hit anyone over the head that rents a dog out!! that is horrible and those poor dogs

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Raleighsmom said:
Or better yet....'Rent a Dog'......just saw it on the Today Show or Good Morning America this morning...can't remember which...but some woman in New York I think, now has an agency for dogs that she rents to people that can't HAVE dogs....did you ever???? They rent them for 2 or 3 days, get their 'doggie' fix, and give them back....Hmmmmm...not too sure about that one!
That to me would be hard on the dogs going back and forth from home to home that shouldn't be allowed.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hmmm NOPE i was at work :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts