Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In just 13 hours I will be meeting my breeder and our new little puppy Riley!!

I have the e-ticket printed
I have the pet carrier ""packed" with a leash, harness, nylabone, and a towel.
Doggie wipes and treats for my purse
I have a map of the airport, and the breeder's cell# for when i get there.

I was reading the fine print on the small kong I got and it says for puppies 1-10 lbs, but small breed puppies only. Should I return it? The treat that goes inside says not for puppies under 3 months...wish I read that before I got it!

I think I have everything ready...crate is set up for cats to sniff and explore while I am gone tomorrow. DH is picking up some newspapers tomorrow for the floor.

I think we're ready!! Wish us luck - I'll be sure to post pics when we get back!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
How exciting! Congratulations can't wait to see photos, I know, shameless, but as a confirmed doodleaholic I can't help myself! :wink: There is nothing like doodle love! It sounds like you are ready. Are your cats? :?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lisarundell said:
It sounds like you are ready. Are your cats? :?
Ha! I think they know something is up, but they have no idea that their lives are going to be turned upside down! We have been barking and whining at them for a few weeks now (yes we are crazy) and they don't seem to get it. We just get the cool stare that says, "what is wrong with you!!??"

Their claws have been trimmed though, just in case!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Oh this IS exciting!! I'm so happy for you!!!
P.S.
Get some sleep tonight!!.............LOL.........you may not have a full nights rest for awhile. I KNOW!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
WE WANT PICS...LOTS OF PICS Please

and sleep? hahhaha good luck!! hahahhaa

·
Registered
980 Posts
Oh my gosh how fun! We're stacking up new doodles here quickly!

The pup and the cats will get it straightened out amongst themselves with little intervention. Dexter learned quickly that kitty paws mean business. He's hilarious. He approaches them with mouth gaping open making walrus noises, then when it gets heated, he sticks his rear end at them (guess that hurts less? :shock: )

Have a blast, and post pics!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
What a wonderful day it's going to be for you Brooke! I remember when we set out for Tennessee to pick up Tyke - I had her crate with toys and all the other "stuff" ready for days! I was worse than a kid at Christmas! Here's to many many happy years together for you and Riley!!! :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
What an exciting day for you both! Best of luck, safe trip, and check in when you can! YAY!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts