Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night was a tough one for Mate. He was whining a little and the vet gave me some meds to give him for discomfort so I gave him a dose. A little while later the poor thing had diarrhea all night long. Finally, after a few hours I didn't think that he could have anything left in him, so I put him in his crate for the night. Half an hour later I woke up to his barking, went downstairs and knew what had happened even before I could see him. PU :shock: Loose poop in the crate, with just some on him - but of course it would be the foot with the cast, the one that they told me to keep clean and dry. So I cleaned him up and the crate put him back in and I slept on the couch and hummed songs to him when he stirred. I wanted to be close in case of another accident. Thank goodness he didn't poop again in the crate, but he didn't sleep at all either. So back to the vet again this morning for a fresh cast, poop stopping meds and the ever popular elizabethan collar. The poop stop meds are working well. He is now on a bland diet of rice and ground turkey for a few days too. We both need a good night sleep!

Thanks for all the kind words yesterday, it made me feel much better knowing that you all feel that I am still a good Mom!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Oh, sorry to hear about the rough night for you and Mate! :(
Hugs to you both and hopefully a better night's sleep!
Mate's lucky to have you as his mommy. :D

G

·
Oh poor Annie and Matey! I was away and had to read back to see what happened! I'm glad he did better with the medicine and hopefully you both will get some sleep tonight! He looks adorable!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
What a sad, sad face. Oh Annie, hope you get some sleep tonight and things pick up tomorrow :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, poor boy...I am sorry, this little one just looks so pitiful in that collar...and cast. But he will soon be bouncing back, you'll see...soon! Take heart.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Psst...hey Matey Buddy......keep up that sad face, and Mommy will lavish you with lots of hugs and kisses!!! Me and Molly are so sorry for your 'owie'!! :cry: You'll be better soon... and back to your old self! :D :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Matey had a great night sleep last night and so did I!!! The medicine "Fast Balance GI" worked wonders to settle his tummy. He does not really seem to mind the collar too much or the cast. Mate is used to getting out of the house for a few walks a day, but will be grounded until the cast comes off. I have to put a waterproof bag on it for potty breaks, he is not too keen on the bag. He is now playing with his toys and running around. It is kind of funny to hear him run, you can hear tap tap tap. I am so happy that he is back to his wonderful happy self! :D :D :D

He weighed in at 15 lbs at 13 weeks, he seems to be gaining almost 2 pounds a week! It is amazing how huge he looks now compare to how tiny he was when he first arrived.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Raleigh & Molly (and me too!) are sooo happy that Matey is back to his old self!!! :D :D
Before you know it, that collar and bandage will be off, and the whole incident forgotten! :D :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Annie i am soooooooo happy to hear matey is getting back to his old self and you're feeling a bit of relief too.

he's sooooooooo cute and tiny

1 - 20 of 21 Posts