Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok y'all, so take a look at this pic and please explain to me what goes through a dog's mind?!?!

This is a shrub that Coal decided to remove and tear to shreds today after he's been living here for nearly a year and never touched the thing!!
I love this pic because you can see that he wasn't desperate for something to chew. There are not 1, not 2, but 3 things in this photo that are meant for chewing. He even had quite a variety in the pic! I can just see his little doggie thoughts..... "hmmm, here's my bone, here's my pig ear, here's my blue rubbery toy, but wait...... there is a delicious 1 year old lantana bush that I can dig out of the ground and eat!"

What a knucklehead!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Stacy- wow, that's impressive! :lol: I'll bet now this will begin the thread "look what my doodle destroyed!" I know I have a few pics I could take. We used to have a beautiful, landscaped backyard. Now...not so pretty! But its worth it isn't it. I do love the the fact that there are 3 toys in the pic-hilarious

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know, I was talking with my husband and he was saying that he doesn't understand Coal sometimes because he is so smart yet we have instances like this one... OFTEN! I trimmed those shrubs last week and Coal was outside with me and then hubby trimmed the tree right near the scene of the crime on Saturday and again Coal was there. Do you think that Coal thought he was just doing what we were doing? I don't know why he would bother that bush when he's never given it a second look before. Maybe he thought we would be thrilled if he tore that bush up for us HAHAHAHA!?! Who knows but he's a family member and we forgive a lot for those we love!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't you just love their destructive powers?
That picture reminds me of the phase Boomer went through in which he loved sneaking into the bathroom and tearing apart toilet paper rolls. This was at ten weeks:

at least we're over that now! :lol:

Bianca

·
Registered
689 Posts
Those are hilarious! And so familiar.

When we see something that it has been "Archified".

Why is it they zone in on one thing. And just when you think you've broken them of the obsession (because they are obsessed with something else) back they go to the first thing!

·
Registered
57 Posts
My husband and I were wrapping some presents for our son's birthday the other night. We used all the wrapping paper and the cardboard tube was left. My husband gave it to Digby to play "fetch" with. After a few fetches he laid down and started to chew. Little cardboard all over the kitchen, when I went to get it from him he looked at me like OH OH!! it was funny, he also used to chew our shoes, we put them up on a shoe stand thing and when he sees a shoe he runs the other way, never was really reprimanded for chewing just a stern no. He gets it, he also like to play fetch with empty water bottles. He is a clown!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
When we're on a walk, if Archie sees a water bottle he'll pick it up and carry it in his mouth the whole way. We thank him for keeping our neighborhood clean.

G

·
Chesterpal, Boyd does the same thing. He walks around so proud to have an empty bottle in his mouth. I always get a kick out of telling the neighbors that we are doing our part to recycle. :lol:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree with some of the other comments, it is because of their cuteness that allows them not to have a knot jerked in there tails at times. By the way your lawn looks great, how do you get such pretty grass out there in AZ?

G

·
Yes, you nailed it right on the head! I have a mallard duck toy that I've been saving for him. I hope he takes it on his walks b/c it would be so cute to see!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jamie,
Funny you should ask about the lawn. It's artificial and believe me it is the ONLY way to go out here!! No seeding, watering, or mowing. You just rinse it clean should it get dirty. BTW, Coal knows he isn't supposed to potty on the artificial grass. We are VERY happy that we took his housebreaking very seriously and took him to the same spot on a leash on the side of our house (convienently located near the trash can) every time. It has made keeping the backyard cleaned up MUCH easier.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Stacy said:
Jamie,
Funny you should ask about the lawn. It's artificial and believe me it is the ONLY way to go out here!! No seeding, watering, or mowing. You just rinse it clean should it get dirty. BTW, Coal knows he isn't supposed to potty on the artificial grass. We are VERY happy that we took his housebreaking very seriously and took him to the same spot on a leash on the side of our house (convienently located near the trash can) every time. It has made keeping the backyard cleaned up MUCH easier.
Wow I wondered, it looked like football turf, very cool!!!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Guess we couldn't get away with that in the midwest...it looks so natural there but in the middle of January here...but I wish we could!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Stacy I could use a couple new pics of Coal but not after he's been digging. :lol: That must have been something he learned after he left here, my dogs would never dream of digging or chewing up anything. :roll: :lol:

Actually Gracie's favorite thing is the Bathroom trash can :oops: I get so mad at her and she looks at me like "what did I do"

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HAHAHA! I know he didn't learn that with you :lol: . I'll get you some new pics soon. His coat is growing back in right now. He got so matted we had to have it cut very short. Now he looks like crushed velvet..... soooo shiny and black. I don't know if I told you this but I had him at the vet 2 weeks ago and he weighs 53lbs. If you tell me how to measure his height correctly, I can let you know how tall he is too. Here is one very recent pic of the Coalmeister.....

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Stacy, Coal is absolutely doodlelicious!!!! What a cutie patootie :) He looks like he has personality plus, but then what doodle doesn't :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts